Another project fell into my lap

Rat

Reaction score
I'm aiming for 30 - 40 mph.
Locking the rear diff a good idea for this thing?
EzGo is easily the worst most garbage wanna be Club Car I know of

30 is going to be a hard ask since it most likely has a transaxle based speed limiter. 40 🤣 aside from steering sensitivity issues directly because of the narrow body and short wheelbase design making that a twitchy scary ride there's also the questionable steering assembly....You can't get it to go that fast with the original transaxle. Sure you can pull the speed limiter and maybe get up to 35, but most likely you grenade the engine despite the fact 2cycle doesn't have rods to drop, and loves high RPM. They are just geared to low because they were never means to do more than 25 even brand new with a light driver and a stout tailwind pushing

You'd have to beef up the engine first.
Im talking modify the cylinder (or pay for port work) to run a reed valve intake (a slow machine like that most probably has piston port timing) a better carb, and an expansion chamber exhaust system to scavenge up a real powerband and make it sing like a megaphone full of angry hornets.
Problem being is that then you still risk throwing the wheel bearings, burning up the transaxle clutch, and probably bombing the diff gears.

If you want a locking diff you want UTV parts although I don't know which ones beyond Kawasaki Mule that would have a lockable rear transaxle. The irony is that Kawasaki supplied Club Car with engines and transaxle for a very long time.Screenshot_20240423_012755_Chrome.png1000001990.png

Last edited: