Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 01:54 PM

So my wife took me to see the newest Star Wars movie last night. It was okay, not great by any means necessary, but was satisfied with it. I'd say it's below average to average overall. You could tell it was all fan service and that they were out of ideas.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:17 PM
2019 Build Off Winner!

I'm just glad they finally ENDED it and explained a LOT of things. And yes, it was obvious that they were focused on that, but oh well. It's better than nothing! It was hard to tell that Episode 8 even HAD a plotline!

I'd say episodes 5 & 7 were best.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:44 PM

4, 5, 6 were the best, 1, 2, 3 were good. 7, 8, 9 are junk. Rogue One was good, tagline for it should've been Crew Expendable. Solo was terrible. 8 was intentionally made to be terrible because Rian Johnson wanted to do it that way. Fun fact, Geroge Lucas thought about selling Lucasfilm to 20th Century Fox. If he had done that, it's possible that the treatments he made for 7, 8, and 9 would have been taken to heart and used. Fox actually held the rights to A New Hope.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:24 PM
2019 Build Off Winner!

Episode 7 was *almost* perfect to me. Excellent character development, etc. etc.
Although I will say that the Death Star theme superweapon thing is getting a bit annoying now.

But to each his own. Agree to disagree.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:37 PM

If these sequel movies had a coherent story to tell, these could have been great. Rian Johnson should have talked to Abrams about how VIII should go, so then IX would not have been the mess it was trying to retcon part of VIII and fix the story, then tied every movie with a nice bow on top. I think the fan films we got in the last couple years have been great though.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:31 AM

Thanked 3,751 Times in 3,065 Posts

So I finished with all the renovations to the flatlet in my garden, but since that used to be the garage, I now have no place to store my tools, mower etc etc. I have decided to erect a wooden 3x3m shed behind the flat, but there is a slight bank where I will have to cut a portion away so that I have a level area for it to sit.

I started doing the digging work this weekend....and all i can say is that it is back breaking work when the temperature is sitting at 32 degrees C. I am about half way at the moment, as it poured with rain yesterday and I couldn't finish it. I also still have to paint the back wall before I get the shed people in to erect it

The shed will look similar to the pic below
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200117_162626-1152x864.jpg   IMG_20200118_105732-1152x864.jpg  

IMG_20200118_114051-1152x864.jpg   IMG_20200118_170330-1152x864.jpg  

Capture.JPG  
Old 01-20-2020, 07:09 AM

If I lived closer, I would've helped dig for you. It was one of my many pastimes as a kid to dig holes in the backyard. In an afternoon, I'd have a hole about a meter or so across and a meter deep or more.
landuse (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartorbust View Post
If I lived closer, I would've helped dig for you. It was one of my many pastimes as a kid to dig holes in the backyard. In an afternoon, I'd have a hole about a meter or so across and a meter deep or more.
Thanks! I will probably get it done next Saturday
Old 01-21-2020, 11:47 AM
Road Hazard

Well I've decided that I'm going to get a dirtbike. Either a 250 or 450 four stroke (not a 250 two stroke), probably a few years old. I thought about a smaller two stroke, but those don't like trail riding much (too many slow turns not enough straightaways). I figure that size'll be fine since I have a 50mph minibike that handles like a bar of soap on glass, that I've never truly gone down on (I have laid it on it's side while trying to turn around by swinging the rear end around). And I've never gone backwards off my dads 660 Raptor.

I'm going to have to take the warrior to someone. I pulled the carb off to lean it out some, and it didn't want to start afterward. Plus the carb was gushing furl out the overflow, bore and (of all places) the throttle linkage cover. So I took it off, opened the bowl and sprayed it down with carb clean, and put it back on. It still wouldn't start. So I moved the needle back to where it was before, re installed it, and it still won't start. Though I stopped after it backfired out the intake (it sounded somewhat like a 9 mil. So I'm going to see if the local shop has someone they recommend. Keep in mind that this is after paying someone to get it running (it ran for a little over a month).
Old 01-21-2020, 08:57 PM

Work today was a complete wash. Only made 2.8 hours (2 hours 48 minutes) and clocked 8 hours. Went home about an hour early. The vehicle I worked on today, my service advisor was too much of a push over to sell the tune up that it was due for. 8 spark plugs on a 5.0L Coyote V8 F150, would've only taken me like 40 minutes to do it correctly. Glad I have this Friday and next monday off.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:41 PM

We are having too much rain.....and my office roof is leaking :|
Old 01-22-2020, 08:08 AM
2019 Build Off Winner!

BWAHAHA!

Soory but those three consecutive posts are just so funny! But c'mon guys, don't make me depressed! There's already a possibility I'll have to get rid of my dogs!

They're having aggression issues, fighting over food, attention, water, or even if they're just irritated, you name it. I REALLY don't want to get rid of them, but because there's a baby in the house, the dogs are kind of in a low security position.
So the only thing I can really do is take them for longer walks and play with them more in hopes of exhausting them, but I'm just hopin'......

And BTW - This means I have to cut down on my forum time.
So from now on I won't be signing on as often, unless an urgent PM beckons me back for a quick visit.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:57 PM
Road Hazard

I don't see what's funny. Quite frankly, I'm pi**ed. We paid the dude several hundred dollars to get the bike running, and all he did was overcharge the battery, causing it to overflow onto the rear swing arm, shear the flywheel key, and install a carburetor that wasn't even tuned right, and had no power. Then a few months later I'm riding it around our property to warm it up, before I go out in the woods with my dad, and the bike starts sputtering, and stalls. And it hasn't run since, except for the few minutes I barely got it to idle around.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:48 PM

Yeah, I fail to see what's funny. I was able to leave work early today at 11am, because theres no work at all to do. It was a financial waste of time getting out of bed and going to work this morning for the 3 and a half hours I was there. Do not work as a technician at a car dealership, especially on commission. You do not make enough money to make it worth it as a career, and if you do, you'll lose your sanity within a couple years.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:47 PM
2019 Build Off Winner!

Eh, it's just kind of sadly funny to see 3 different people having bad days.

Sorry if I offended.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:53 PM

6 hours in to another 12 hour shift. one more then weekend.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:27 PM

Oof, you have my condolences. I've done 12+ hour days doing snow removal and it suuucked. Half way done with the day at least.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:16 PM
2019 Build Off Winner!

Had some really great tacos today.

On another note, my throttle shaft bushings seem to have gotten stuck with USPS.
They were shipped via UPS Mail Innovations, and were transferred to USPS on the 18th at my local post office. Aaaand no news since then, and it's the 25th.
So it's somewhere at my local post office, and there's no more of the bushings anywhere on the Web! So basically I HAVE to get that package or my kart will never run right!

If it doesn't come by Monday I'm going to contact the seller and see what they have to say. If all else fails, I will go to the post office in person and ask that they look for it.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:37 PM
Road Hazard

What are the bushings for? You might be able to take the dimensions to a machine shop and have them turn some on a lathe. They should be able to do it easily. But definitely check on the ones you ordered. I believe in either getting the part or getting a refund.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:42 PM

So drove up from the apartment yesterday morning to my dad's place for the ice fishing tournament that we went to today. Met up with my cousin and her husband to head out on the lake. We all rode together on the four wheeler out to the fishing area, wasn't that fun. Like clock work though, not 10 seconds after the fired off the cannon to start fishing, at least 3 people around us were running to get their fish weighed in. Winner this year was an 8.29lb Eelpout http://icefishing.org/leaderboard/
Attached Thumbnails
20200125_112506.jpg