Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > All Other Parts

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 12:10 PM

Default Picked up this guy for $150

So I decided to get this guy. I found it on Facebook for $150. (Yes, that's me with it on top of my Corolla.)

It's really narrow. I think it used to be a Chinese kids ATV then someone custom built the test of it. My main question is, is it possible to widen the axle, or replace it with a wider one? The front part is easy enough, but I think having a wider axle could make it more stable.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200731_183052.jpg   IMG_20200729_155119.jpg  

IMG_20200729_155115.jpg   IMG_20200729_155128.jpg  

Old 08-07-2020, 10:29 PM

yup looks just like my kids ATV Chinese 110cc. just stretched
extending the axle would be beyond my ability using that rear end.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:15 PM

Watch those 3 lug wheels. I had some 110cc parts on a kart I made last year and they started bending until they split at each lug nut around the hub.

Had to upgrade to thicker center 4 on 110 wheels.

On the rear, I skipped using the 110cc carrier and went with one from a 350cc Warrior because the track width was a better match for the wider front end.

Look for my 2019 build off thread Yard Kart Therapy for all the details.

Good luck on your build, and keep looking for heavier duty parts. You will need them if you drive it hard into turns.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gegcorp2012 For This Useful Post:
LikeTheSandwich (08-08-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gegcorp2012 View Post
Watch those 3 lug wheels. I had some 110cc parts on a kart I made last year and they started bending until they split at each lug nut around the hub.

Had to upgrade to thicker center 4 on 110 wheels.

On the rear, I skipped using the 110cc carrier and went with one from a 350cc Warrior because the track width was a better match for the wider front end.

Look for my 2019 build off thread Yard Kart Therapy for all the details.

Good luck on your build, and keep looking for heavier duty parts. You will need them if you drive it hard into turns.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Thanks man. I cut the whole middle out, just keeping the back end and front end (it was so sketchy). Maybe I'll just save this stuff for a kid's cart as a second build. I still feel like $150 was a pretty good deal, because I basically got 90% of a kid's ATV.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeTheSandwich View Post
So I decided to get this guy. I found it on Facebook for $150. (Yes, that's me with it on top of my Corolla.)

It's really narrow. I think it used to be a Chinese kids ATV then someone custom built the test of it. My main question is, is it possible to widen the axle, or replace it with a wider one? The front part is easy enough, but I think having a wider axle could make it more stable.
I bet you could widen out the rear but there isnt really alot of frame width to work with in order to properly support the axel. You could widen out the frame in the rear but that might look funky and It definitely wouldnt be easy. Definitely an interesting kart though Ive never seen it done like that.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlasaga View Post
I bet you could widen out the rear but there isnt really alot of frame width to work with in order to properly support the axel. You could widen out the frame in the rear but that might look funky and It definitely wouldnt be easy. Definitely an interesting kart though Ive never seen it done like that.
But how would I widen the rear? Are there axle widening kits available? All I've found are hub spacers but they're not cheap at all.