Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 AM
I banned myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocartkid View Post
I was just meesing with Oscar...but I don't have ANY foreign cars.
LOL, just cause it's an import, doesn't mean it's ricey. If you lived around here, you'd QUICKLY learn the difference between rice/non-rice. We have a buttload of the stereotypical "ricer" at every turn! Some just look downright disgusting and you think to yourself: "Where were their automotive morals when they did that to their car?" You don't want them to sit next to you at a stop light for fear that it'll make your car depreciate in value just being next to it.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibble View Post
LOL, just cause it's an import, doesn't mean it's ricey. If you lived around here, you'd QUICKLY learn the difference between rice/non-rice. We have a buttload of the stereotypical "ricer" at every turn! Some just look downright disgusting and you think to yourself: "Where were their automotive morals when they did that to their car?" You don't want them to sit next to you at a stop light for fear that it'll make your car depreciate in value just being next to it.
HAHA you made my day AGAIN

WalMart spinners, huge spoilers, and cardboard body kits?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Kartless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscaryu1 View Post
HAHA you made my day AGAIN

WalMart spinners, huge spoilers, and cardboard body kits?
Dont forget the fart can, Vtec and NOS stickers, and usually incredibly loud rap music.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:32 PM

Old 07-29-2008, 01:39 PM

Rich ***.
My truck is a 1982 Ford F-100, that my grandpa gave to me after he dropped a tree on it. I don't have a pic because atm it is sitting out in the boonies rotting away, and it won't start.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider3 View Post
Rich ***.
My truck is a 1982 Ford F-100, that my grandpa gave to me after he dropped a tree on it. I don't have a pic because atm it is sitting out in the boonies rotting away, and it won't start.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:39 PM

Haha you and your starting fluid.. it's like wd-40 and duct tape!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Rupp enduro

sweet cars

my bro has an 06 350z
it is BAD TO THE BONE!!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Bad Attitude

Alright, here are the pics.

The famed '86 v8 s10, blows away all the ricers in town. Can you say sleeper? Engine is a 400hp '67 chevelle 283 with a 4 speed.

The parts truck for the above s10, this one is a '91.

The never-ending project, a '55 chevy 3100 pickup. I can get better pics later, all I have for now is a pic of he engine, a little teaser for ya. Highlights include: swapped in '78 Blazer 4x4 axles, turbo 350 tranny, a BBC, power brakes, power steering, and a rack and pinion steerring setup (custom done).

The 2001 four door s10. My dad's ride, he's always wanted one. When you order the 4 door package EVERY option that chevy had for the s10 is included. It's a 4x4 with a Vortec 4.3 v6. Soon the stock hood will give way to a 4" cowl hood (and not one of those cheesy fake ones either). Down the road it will get an 8, but the v6 runs so good right now we're gonna keep it as-is.

And last, my mom's daily. It's a 2000 Olds Alero. As you know Olds is now defunct but this is the sister car to the Pontiac Grand Am of the same year, so parts are easy to come by. It's got a 3.4 v6 that hauls *** when you step on it, not bad for a family sedan. Drove this thing to Texas a few years back and got almost 40mpg on the highway with the cruise and air on!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM
RedNek Engineering

Ive got a 93' Pontiac Grand prix...Raptor turbo exhaust..sounds decent for a 3.0 v6...kinda loud..overheats easy..stalls easy..power steering squeals..but its pretty quick for the biga$$ car that it is..ill get pics later
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 PM

VERY nice engine gokartkid!! That is DEFINATLY a sleeper! I wish there was a way to make it super quiet at a red light so some ricer honda thinks he can beat you in a race then RIGHT before the lights turn green just dump the mufflers right off and watch the ricers jaw drop.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 AM

im pretty sure, any vtec honda would smoke it. power - weight anyone? plus fail gear ratios on the truck.

seriously the only thing sleeping when those trucks arnt running is the ozone layer, it gets a rest from having holes eaten in it.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Bad Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr dragster Tyler View Post
VERY nice engine gokartkid!! That is DEFINATLY a sleeper! I wish there was a way to make it super quiet at a red light so some ricer honda thinks he can beat you in a race then RIGHT before the lights turn green just dump the mufflers right off and watch the ricers jaw drop.
Thanks! And that would be cool. But then again I like the looks it gets when people pull up beside it at a light, they're like 'wtf'? Then they usualy ask what it's got. Someone said that it was a hopped-up 2.8 v6-yeah, ok.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Bad Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcali View Post
im pretty sure, any vtec honda would smoke it. power - weight anyone? plus fail gear ratios on the truck.

seriously the only thing sleeping when those trucks arnt running is the ozone layer, it gets a rest from having holes eaten in it.
Haha, I hope you are messing with me. First of all the v8 s10 has TWO (yea, 2) catalytic converters on it and is 100% emmissions legal. An go karts don't pollute? Think about that and get back to me. The only vehicle pictured that is not 100% emmissions legal is the '55, and that's because it's not required. In fact it will only be a weekend cruiser/show truck, so in reality it won't be driven all the time.

ANY vtech honda huh? Do me a favor, get me specs on a stock vtec car. Weight, hp, tourque, and gearing. And the s10 doesn't have "fail" gears in it. They are 3.73's, which are considered the "perfect" all-around gear, plus it's got a 4 speed stick. This thing will beat that supposed honda off the line and steal it's lunch. And believe it or not, s10's are light weight. There is not much to them. I'll find the weight for a standard cab, shortbed, 4x4 (how stupid would you feel if you got smoked by a 4x4?) first gen s10 and I'll get back to you.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:16 AM

The next car I get, if it's an S10... you better get that list of DIY mods up

Lucky You have an engine lift. The 88's 3SFE is hanging on by one **** mount... and its stripped exhaust manifold.

The whole wiring harness is already taken off (over 20 disposable gloves and around 3 hours)...

Guess it won't be finished this summer... maybe the next long term holiday?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcali View Post

Dude go the local race track and see for yourself. I see 15 year old trucks with small blocks beating the heavily modified hondas all night long.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Kartless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscaryu1 View Post
(over 20 disposable gloves
Why?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr dragster Tyler View Post
I wish there was a way to make it super quiet at a red light so some ricer honda thinks he can beat you in a race then RIGHT before the lights turn green just dump the mufflers right off and watch the ricers jaw drop.
Just run really quiet mufflers, but install electronic cut outs in front.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 PM

Default would but............................................... ...........

i am new to this stuff so how do u post and i would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I banned myself

To post pics, you can click the manage attachments button after you click on "Reply". Scroll down to see the button.

Why do you guys always compare to Modded Hondas? Modded Hondas aren't the quickest out there. Most of the time the only "mod's" done to them are cosmetic and then the driver thinks they're all hard with their car. I'm in no way a "ricer" and don't care to be one. There are other better things out there. How about a TT, Supra or an R34? ...well, an R34 would be harder to come by. Those things can be insane! I've smoked a Honda or two before with my car and it's not the fastest thing out there. It also depends on the driver and how well they can manage their car. I had a truck beat me out once by a fraction because I didn't handle my car properly, and I didn't know they were gonna try to race me until it was actually happening. Had I actually tried, it wouldn't have been much of a contest.