Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > All Other Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:17 PM

Default trans idea's

ok so i picked up 2 '99 600cc gsxr motor and trans, one motor is good and the trans is junk, one motor is junk and the trans is good. i have no electronics, no starter, nothing. just bare motor and trans. i have a box full of trans parts to fix the one with a bad trans. (not hard to fix) i was curious if i could unbolt the trans away from the motor, (it does unbolt) and figure out a way to make it work. like make the motor to the clutch side of the trans and then from the trans to rear wheels. i dont have the clutch basket tho. so i dont know how that is going to work.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Pro Junk Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlyspdr View Post
ok so i picked up 2 '99 600cc gsxr motor and trans, one motor is good and the trans is junk, one motor is junk and the trans is good. i have no electronics, no starter, nothing. just bare motor and trans. i have a box full of trans parts to fix the one with a bad trans. (not hard to fix) i was curious if i could unbolt the trans away from the motor, (it does unbolt) and figure out a way to make it work. like make the motor to the clutch side of the trans and then from the trans to rear wheels. i dont have the clutch basket tho. so i dont know how that is going to work.
Just hook the good motor to the good trans and buy the clutch basket, and other components you need. Its worth it, that would make a beastly kart.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM

well ive found the parts i need, header, coil, stator and rotor i think its what its called, carbs and a sprocket is going to run me around 400 bucks. thats not counting money to make a frame.
Closed Thread