"Ziegenstall Motorenschmiede" presents The Vale Special 1st bump in 1-1/2 years

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
I'm going with the "standard 72 tooth right now" and because covid it is solid. Seat no adjustment.
Did work on her tonight, cut a correct mirrored bracket and stiffening straps, everything welded in.
20210805_191100.jpg
20210805_193922.jpg

VALE logo ,still needs deburred etc

20210805_194646.jpg

Building from scratch is a project for sure

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
So....yesterday I found time to modify the rear axle, I ordered a 1in shaft, when I actually needed a 3/4in step down one....ooops.

20210807_080658.jpg

finally found time to turn it down and single point new thread's...Well, this let me mockup the rear-end area...

I made a major oops, I welded the motor mount upside down/ backwards.

20210807_080737.jpg

Now......
20210807_080724.jpg

I need to make an offset motor mount plate to shift engine over 1-3/4 in.....

Gotta go to the dump and store 1st tho

Last edited:

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Pups breakfast for the week.....peas, carrots, hamburger and brown rice, Italian seasoning, no extra salt or garlic.....20210808_065834.jpg

Dinner is roasted chicken, butter and tarragon stuffed breast skin....whole wheat pasta and peas carrots
20210808_171920.jpg

Yes, they eat great....and 1/2 of $$$$ of the processed sawdust know as dog food...we know what they eat...sorry OP for hijack :unsure:

I guess I can't hijack my own thread :roflol:

Let's go outside.....

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Welp....more mods to do, new plate allowed sideways shift to line up sprockets...wooo.....wooo....:bannana:

BUT....😫

The 72 tooth sprocket rubs on the tav backplate, simple fix would be to just move engine back, nope....gotta keep it in body work, so next step is 3inch lift kit for engine....gas tank is getting more interesting weekly 😀

karl

Reaction score
I made a major oops, I welded the motor mount upside down/ backwards.
Whoops, minor details

Pups breakfast for the week.....
Glad you care about your pet's health , I'm sure it's well appreciated!

so next step is 3inch lift kit for engine....gas tank is getting more interesting weekly 😀

Pics? whatcha got in mind? If possible id mount the tank separate from the motor, have cracked factory top mounted tanks,
and snapped hose clamps on tube style tanks mounted to the top plate.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Gas tank definitely separate from engine, still unsure of size, bigger than stock for sure.

Hope to make 4 three inch spacers for 5/16 bolts tomorrow. Then mockup and figure out next step.

Not sure if a reverse box is going in now or not.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
I got front bearing spacers reamed to .750 so they slide onto spindles.

Started mock up of steering, need to order some 3/8" heim joints and make a small crossmember to hold steering pcs.

Running out of room, soon will have to move it outside ....heck if nothing else I need better pictures 😆

20210812_195236.jpg
20210812_195248.jpg

Lolo Pat

Reaction score
Wow fella I never seen anyone build their own car before. "When I grow up I wanna be you" 🤣

I'm guessing you found the 'plan' for this somewhere?

What's your background? Engineering?

.... so many questions 😉

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
No plans,, that's why I have to keep modify stuff :unsure:..
.:ROFLMAO:

Redneck or Appalachia folk they would say, 2 tours overseas, bunch of years in, then tool & die/ machinist...etc..27 years....

This is my pre car....next one will be a 1934/36 eroupean race car based off a triumph or ford,...straight 4or6 4 spd....basically a stupid car 😛

Some folks go big hp...me...chaindrive and open skies .....

Let go back.

1920s and 30.....I got my still and a welder

Lolo Pat

Reaction score
Bro, I'm in East TN...got beer...and a grill.
I'm 1.5hr south of Sydney (Australia) and here we would call you 'a bit of a character' (meaning 'If you say that someone is a character, you mean that they are interesting or amusing) 😊

I have to be careful how I word things because when they translate into US colloquialisms, they might mean something not intended 😁

What's your background? Engineering?

What I should of said is "What's your working background? Engineering?" 😉

You take nice close-up photos of your work too 👍

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Always wanted to go down under, a dream was to go east to west by land rover and spend a couple of months just walking about.

I am a character, even by American standards...:p so thank you for the compliment :cheers2:

Nowadays just a machinist....I love working with metal..

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Glad you ordered 3/8" heims, I did too when they turned out to be the biggest on kart parts websites like BMI, MFG, GPS, etc. Would've gone bigger if available at reasonable price. Had a problem with them though..............
Needed FRoM washers (Full Range of Motion) for long travel of A-arms, and only found them in 5/16", and they can't be bored out. Ordered some 3/8" cone washers from an auto parts site that turned out to be just that, cones, and they didn't improve range of motion at all, bolt still banging into sides of socket as without them.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Glad you ordered 3/8" heims, I did too when they turned out to be the biggest on kart parts websites like BMI, MFG, GPS, etc. Would've gone bigger if available at reasonable price. Had a problem with them though..............
Needed FRoM washers (Full Range of Motion) for long travel of A-arms, and only found them in 5/16", and they can't be bored out. Ordered some 3/8" cone washers from an auto parts site that turned out to be just that, cones, and they didn't improve range of motion at all, bolt still banging into sides of socket as without them.
If your havin' tie rod clearance issues, 'cause the bolts are hittin' :huh:
...maybe make your own FRoM washers

Just cut, the appropriate thickness of washer, that you need
...outta some steel tube, of the appropriate diameter :2guns:

*It's not super easy, ta get 'em nice-n-straight :furious2:
...but, I've found that, setting up a "jig" so, ya can "roll" them (while cutting) helps :cheers2: