"Ziegenstall Motorenschmiede" presents The Vale Special 1st bump in 1-1/2 years

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
So I tore engine down to strip oil level and governor out....now I can do more measuring

Need to order connecting rod, flywheel still...

I guess I need to see if predator has charging coil mounts also 🤔20210508_164752.jpg

Last edited:

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
So 1st few parts, do they look 120 years old copper parts....this will be fun....

They started as nickle or flash chromed...just scuffed up and cleaned

Attachments

• 20210516_133848.jpg
    20210516_133848.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

karl

Reaction score
So 1st few parts, do they look 120 years old copper parts....this will be fun....
Nice, best thing you could do with a predator, hide what it really is :roflol:

I guess I need to see if predator has charging coil mounts also 🤔
Hemi is the wrong choice for that. It has the coil mount tabs, but the flywheel taper is fatter than a GX200/ clone/ non hemi.
So most all of the charging magnet equipped flywheels will not fit.

I have put non- hemi cranks in hemi blocks, like the box stock project 55mm forged crank, but will require
a new rod as the hemi uses a different diameter rod journal as well.

Some may find boring

Not at all, thanks for sharing! Id love to get my hands on something like that!
We had one at metal shop class in high school, but at the time did not/ could not make
much use of it. Different priories :cheers2:

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Thanks all great info and comments, going with billlet flywheel and other parts for rpm, do figured a belt driven alt. Would be only option,I found some small 12v alt...so may drive one off axle. Only need a few amps for led brake/turn lights.

Thanks for watching :D

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
So did some proof of concept work tonight, cut four .060 side rails and some .110 wall scrap tube.. only looking to control motion like a 4link setup.
20210607_193037.jpg20210607_194008.jpg20210607_194011.jpg20210607_194015.jpg

Looks like it will work, need to trim crossmember end still...heck need to make crossmember :unsure:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Have you joined the cycle kart club? I haven’t been on there in a while but they had some neat builds going on. The site is kind of a pain to use but interesting.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Yeah, got tired of some of the attitudes , great guys just some non friendly "we are better than you guys" I am building a car, I shouldn't have to explain everything to gain a following.

This site is more laid back and fun, diygokarts for the win, all we need here is an engine....and a dream :banana:

Edited because....no need :popcorn:

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
They tried to tar and feather me because I said don’t worry about using mc rims if you can’t find them. In the Midwest ct90 rims aren’t that easy to find. I said use trailer tires. They are way cheaper. Boy that was the wrong thing to say. I even got a “How Dare You” private message from some one in Arizona.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
🤫Mocking up crossmember mounts, will install with steel inserts, also will use aluminum ones later in aluminum parts.
They are threaded and insert into a hole, then clamped with special tool.....no....🤔..not me 🤫20210609_193613.jpg20210609_193633.jpg20210609_193645.jpg

Last edited: