Yerf Dog 3101 Clutch

estparx

Reaction score
I am trying to find a new clutch. i pulled off what was left of the original and could read Comet Industries. any idea how to cross reference this part?
Thanks

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
You really don't need a reference, there's only a couple of factors involved. A common caliper would measure the diameter of the shaft, could be 5/8", 3/4", 1" diameter. The sprocket fits whatever chain size you're using, find out by measurement using the link below.............
Chain for Go Kart, Mini Bike | GoKarts USA®
The number of teeth on the sprocket determines the type of use you'll get out of it. The less teeth there are, the quicker it'll accelerate (more torque) and the slower the top speed will be. More teeth means less torque and faster top speed.
Many different brands of clutch will work for you, Comet being one of the middling expensive. Cheap ebay Chinese clutches will work for as long as they last, same for high dollar ones. Just don't "ride the clutch", just easing forward constantly. Get going fast enough to fully engage the clutch or it'll burn up. Try some of these sites........... Search Results > gokart clutches (bmikarts.com)....................
CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCHES | Gopowersports.....................OMBWarehouse.com... ................Search results for: 'centrifugal clutches' | MFG Supply

Last edited:

panchothedog

Reaction score
I have two Yerf Dogs. They both have 30 series torque converter. 3/4" shaft
driver clutch , and a 5/8" shaft 7" driven clutch. Don't know which one you
need but they are common off the shelf parts.