www.gokartsupply.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKartSupplyDotCom

Reaction score
No Sir, we need an American address and credit card at this time. We will, however, be shipping internationally in the future. So, for the time being, If you know someone in the states you can always have them order it for you.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Glad you reminded me. I kinda forgot about you guys. I'll give you another look next time I need parts. IIRC, I believe last time there was one little part you didn't have so I bought elsewhere just because they had everything I needed.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
I hope you are not here just to hock your wares...... If not, WELCOME.... Im sure we would all love to see/learn some tips n tricks from the "pros".....

rmm727

Reaction score
There a real deal. Ordered my first TAV from them sometime around 2005. Even think they've been around longer than this site.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
There a real deal. Ordered my first TAV from them sometime around 2005. Even think they've been around longer than this site.

My concern isn't whether or not they are a legit company. Its that I/WE dont need a company coming into our community for the SOLE purpose of selling their stuff. We all know where to buy parts and there are hundreds of places selling parts. This community was built upon the premise of a place where like minded kart enthusiasts can discuss projects,ask for help, learn a thing or two, and build friendships along the way. I truly cant fathom how a "company" can fit into this. From a discussion/advice stand point, who ever is posting (using said co name) would be putting the "company name" on the line ,each and every time. Example, he tells me of some mods I can do for cheap. I follow his directions to a "T" and my engine blows...... BOY AM I GONNA BE P§§¿ OFF! And who is this guy any way? Could be their top mechanic. COULD be some newbie they asked to boost social media hype.... I just cant see it..... maybe its just me.....
To the O P..... I sincerely hope you joined to give advice/direction and not try to sell your stuff. Put a link to your store in the proper section if you just want to sell..... If not, we could suggest to you some topics we would like a "pro's" insight to. The best way to sell stuff here is to not try. Show us some cool stuff you are working on. Show us some tricks to chassis set up. You more we like you,the more apt we are to buy from you. Now, if you want to throw in a private DIYGK ONLY 15% discount on our orders,..... well, send me a catalog man...... whatcha waitin for...... :thumbsup:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on this: I was taken aback a bit when I first found this thread because it does smell of a chintzy way to get free advertising.

But then I thought- let it ride and give 'em rope. Because the truth of the matter is this- he and that company have just jumped in with both feet. Now their azzis are on the line. I can see advantages hoth ways- for instance- we could just post up what we need and get a quote or tech advice right here. They could get more sales that way.

Now the other side of the coin. (and why I said give 'em rope) is that this move holds great potential to reduce sales expotentionally. The burden is now on him not to p us off.......so the ball is in his court now....

OzFab

Reaction score
I'm with Doug on this one; my initial thought was this is just spam but, then I thought it could be useful, depending on what happens next...

He has been warned previously so, let's just see how it goes...

Just in case you don't know, we have another similar member, Cut Price Racing; Paul joined, let us know what he was about & hasn't posted since; I've bought a few parts from him...

rmm727

Reaction score
Just seemed a little harsh. Not very welcoming. Why not have a supporting vendor membership if being on here to sell "wares" is not accepted?

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Just seemed a little harsh. Not very welcoming.

I wouldn't say so to be honest..

We are a bunch f PEOPLE having fun, asking and giving help etc.
OPs posts are anonymous
(we at gks find great pleasure in not telling you, who the actual person in front of the keyboard is)
But alot of buy at gks, find help at gks..
(well.. no; diygk is the preferred place to search for help ;))

Don't get me wrong, I linked to gks myself a couple of times. but specific; mostly TC stuff (belts, drivers, spare parts etc.)
great infos, good source to find what you need and want,
I'm not questioning that.
It's great that you can call them and ask for help, no question.

But if that account is made to only say "call us" and "buy here", then it's not the type of member that improves a community like this.
In fact it's annoying.

And letting them know, that they might act counterproductive isn't harsh, it's just fair ;)

So GoKartSupplyDotCom,
tell us your name at least,
we like to talk to humans rather than companies ;)

'sid

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Are gokartgalaxy dot com and gokartsupply dot com the same place?

Nope, sorry I just always mix those two URLS :oops:.. post fixed.
That wouldn't have happened with a face (or name for that matter) :cheers2:

But content remains unchanged ;)

'sid

Status
Not open for further replies.