WTB: Genuine 22mm Mikuni + Other Parts

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a genuine Mikuni 22mm carburetor, I'm planning to make my own intake runner, but I want one of the real ones. Note that I'd be willing to buy a Chinese one in the meantime, but I'd pay a pretty low price.

Other things I'm interested in: Briggs stock length ARC billet con rods, 3.875" eye to eye

Longshot, but I'm also interested in an adjustable coil bracket for a Briggs, like this one(for science): https://www.dynocams.com/item/jr-6733/

Smerft85

Reaction score
Have no clue what size they are, but I have at least 4 mikuni carbs, two are from a 93 Suzuki vs800, and the other two are from a liquid cooled artic cat 440, if you can find out somehow what they ran stock I'd sell them if they are right.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Got a caliper to measure the throats?

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Know what year that Arctic Cat was?

Smerft85

Reaction score
Got a caliper to measure the throats?

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Know what year that Arctic Cat was?

No clue on the artic cat, got two engines without the sleds and still have the one left, I'll run a caliper on them for you, wasn't sure how they were measured.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I could be getting a slide carb within a few weeks here, so if anyone has any alternate solutions for the intake adapter for a Briggs, that'd be great. I will probably end up welding up my own intake, but I'll avoid it if possible.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Yeah I actually was researching yesterday, and my main thing that made me want the genuine Mikunis was parts support. Well little did I know there aren't really rebuild kits out there that I could find. but there ARE rebuild kits for the Keihin! So that's what I settled on, it'll be cheaper, and should work just as well.

Plus, now that I know the carb causes the kart to die out on certain angles, it can't get much worse! This is an essential part of me testing ignition timing theories soon, I need a reliable carburetor first.
Eventually I think I'll play around with some of the sweet looking PWK slide carbs (black&red, iridescent), but for now I'll stick with the widely used Keihin. Plus if for some reason my supercharged idea literally backfires, it won't be as expensive to replace.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
PWK is Keihin.
Knockoffs of Keihin PWK carbs are available in all sorts of colors.

I get knockoffs for 20-25 bucks, depending on where it ships from. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for a knockoff of any color.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Yeah but the small body rebuild kits don’t look like they would work on a PWK, so I’m going for the commonly used one from GoPowerSports.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
IDK really. Research says Keihin proper is a Japanese company, but the market is so infested with knockoffs it's impossible to tell. I think I once heard that the GPS ones are Keihin, but no one really knows. What I do know is that a lot of people have had success with them, so I'll start with that and get more adventurous later.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
As far as I know, GPS doesn't sell any Keihin carbs. They sell Mikuni (Japanese) and Mikuni knockoffs (Chinese). The cheap and common one sold by GPS is a Chinese knockoff of a Mikuni VM22 carb. The VM22 style carb has a flange mount and is a round slide carb..

eBay, Amazon, AliExpress,... have plenty of cheap Chinese made knockoffs of PWK carbs as well. A true PWK carb is made by Keihin (Japanese). I think true PWK only come in as small as 28mm (but don't hold me to that), but the knockoffs I've seen as low as 19mm. The PWK style carbs have a spigot mount and have semi flat (D shaped) slides.

GPS also sells Mikuni flat slide carbs. TM series I think. Those also have a spigot style mount.

Attachments

• vm22.jpeg
    vm22.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 4
  • pwk.jpeg
    pwk.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 4
  • TM.jpeg
    TM.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Actually no, I ended up going with a Tillotson pumper carb. :)
Why do you ask? Do you have one?