“Wooden” go kart frame

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Yes! I have photos of everything once it was thrown together. Unfortunately i couldnt really use an engine because none of the clutches fit, but when i was pushed, the only thing that failed was the front right wheel hub bearing. I think with 4ish screws and that issue would disappear though, unfortunately i cant really check because i had to deconstruct it. I still have plenty of photos and videos of me riding it anyway, so if u want to see the franken-kart in motion i could upload em
Go ahead, I'd love to see 'em. Oh, and I'm glad you are still living.

Idkw much 👍

Reaction score
Orient the boards like Karl says if you can. And dado the joints as below using screws and glue. Drill holes for axles and mount bearing holders into the sides of the 2x4's
View attachment 138321View attachment 138323
if you DO build it this way (which i highly recommend because it's just way stronger) you should also add a floor pan or x-shaped braces to the bottom of the floor so your front axle doesn't go right while the rear goes straight.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
if you DO build it this way (which i highly recommend because it's just way stronger) you should also add a floor pan or x-shaped braces to the bottom of the floor so your front axle doesn't go right while the rear goes straight.
It’s already torn apart don’t know. He just built it quick and dirty for a grade, proof of concept!