Why does everyone look down on band brakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jace

Reaction score
From what i've seen here, everyone seems too discourage using band brakes. I'm not sure why, I own a Yerf-Dog 3200 with a 4 inch band brake and the band is MORE than able to lock the rear tires up on concrete,dirt, and gravel.. Don't blame it on the product, blame it on your ability to set it up. :thumbsup:

bighead

Reaction score
From what i've seen here, everyone seems too discourage using band brakes. I'm not sure why, I own a Yerf-Dog 3200 with a 4 inch band brake and the band is MORE than able to lock the rear tires up on concrete,dirt, and gravel.. Don't blame it on the product, blame it on your ability to set it up. :thumbsup:

I think they are ok as well. Until you try to stop from going down a steep hill backwards.

jace

Reaction score
Mine will slow you down going backwards, but won't bring you to a complete stop.. but that's only because how they're designed to work.

bighead

Reaction score
Mine will slow you down going backwards, but won't bring you to a complete stop.. but that's only because how they're designed to work.

That could be a problem on a long steep hill huh? I think on the right kart band brakes are just fine. Do not get me wrong.

Orange Krate

Reaction score
I'm pro-band brakes, but, I have had my fair share of pains with them like when they keep riding off the drum.

timbowuff

Reaction score
how do you hook up these band brakes??? i have one that is just hanging loose on the gocart i have.... its sortof bent too....... it seems like i basically just bring the brake cable through a spot on the front of the band brake and then it will pull it, causing friction right????? is there anything else i need to do????

tspot100

Reaction score
can you post pics of the proper band set up?
i rigged mine and they don't work well at all. i'll post pics shortly if interested.

cumminsbayou4x4

Reaction score
i hate band brakes cause they dont stop you good they where down quickily and for the money they anit worth it in a 4 wheeler mud gets in them and they where out

Status
Not open for further replies.