Not open for further replies.

anderkart

Reaction score

truesprocket

Central Canadian
Reaction score
add's gone I think

I tried to look & it seems gone
I ran across these 24/36v. DC motors and thought some of you electric guys might be wanna see em:

(not my ads, dont know him)
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/1532687899.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/1532728158.html

ps:
Dudes been refreshing these same 2 ads for like 6 months now, so I figure either he's sittin on a whole case of of these or if not, he'd probably drop his prices a good bit to finally get one sold.

Linksep

Reaction score
350w and 500w aren't good for anything bigger than a blender... They're well under 1hp.

If I wanted to spend the time I could do math, but the gist of it is this: 500w motor = about .7 HP but it will perform about equal to a 1.5hp gas motor (if the gearing is right) because electrics make gobs of torque.

They'd be ok for something around the size of a Razor scooter, but get much bigger and they become fairly useless in a hurry.

anderkart

Reaction score
Yeah these aren't anything special but the links to the 2 motor ads I'd originally posted were huge 24/36 volt models the seller had claimed were originally used for some type of aircraft type application. They looked like they were about a foot long and probably would of made some awesome electric kart motors.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
350w and 500w aren't good for anything bigger than a blender... They're well under 1hp.

If I wanted to spend the time I could do math, but the gist of it is this: 500w motor = about .7 HP but it will perform about equal to a 1.5hp gas motor (if the gearing is right) because electrics make gobs of torque.

They'd be ok for something around the size of a Razor scooter, but get much bigger and they become fairly useless in a hurry.

746w = 1hp

500w motor is .67024hp

Linksep

Reaction score
Yeah, 500w motor about .7 HP good for blenders or small children on Razor scooters.

For comparison countertop blenders can run up to 2,400w (3.217158 HP).

Status
Not open for further replies.