What Model of Go Kart Do I Have

Supermike

Reaction score
Good day all,

New to this forum, I have recently purchased this go kart locally. I was told it was a Dingo, looks very similar to a go kart I had when I was younger - but still can't remember what it was. Bought this as a little project for my son and I. As you can see, we have the vast majority stripped and almost ready to go for blasting and coating.

I have travelled Google and I can't seem to find a kart that looks the same as this. Would just be nice to know if it is a Dingo and what model it is - hoping someone can shed some light.

Attachments

• DSC_0417.JPG
    DSC_0417.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 25

Karttekk

Reaction score
Look for any painted over or obscure identifying labels under the kart, behind the seat rails, bottom of the floor pan.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
No idea what the make is, but the panel-point truss construction is a beautiful example of employing physics to achieve a high strength-to-materials result. The efficiency of that design allows for just minimal materials strength, as the truss design itself takes the load.

karl

Reaction score
The efficiency of that design allows for just minimal materials strength, as the truss design itself takes the load.
It's something special for sure, not your typical yard banger. Can't help, but would love to know
it's origin. Does not seem mass production ?, but factory or skillfully made.

Supermike

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, can't seem to find anything markings on it at all. Does appear to have the same 40" rear axle as some Murray Karts. As I say my kart when I was a kid, 30 years ago was very similar. Trying to find pictures of it. This one has a Honda GX160 and a CVT - although I'm not sure which type. Appears to share some details from the Dingo, like back axle bearings and spacer tubes.

Now completely stripped ready for paint and blast. My son has done the vast majority himself and he's only 10! Might start a build thread.

Mike

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Stuff like axle bearings, axle and spindles are pretty generic. You can’t tell anything by that. Just keep this thread going and use it as a build thread. No need to start a bunch of threads, and it is frowned upon.