Vulcan Titanium 125 welder

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
I had a HF splatter box for over 10 years. That rig paid for itself at least 20 fold..... Well, after my cancer surgery almost 2 years ago, I had "misplaced" my welder. Still have yet to find it.... (Think it grew legs )
I was going to go buy a new one when I saw they had a new line of welders at HF. This Titanium 125 is a lot more than the splatter box , but is WELL WORTH IT.... NO splatter.... Welds 3/16" with one pass no problem , and will do 1/4" in one pass if you know how to weld..... Outstanding penetration...... It is a BEAST of a little welder. And it only weighs 15 pounds !!!
If you don't have a welder , or have a HF splatter box, you would really be doing yourself a favor by getting one of the Titanium 125's..... It's more than you will ever need for a diy type guy and simple home projects. It's good enough to be used for production work.....
The ONLY thing I do not like about it is it only holds the small rolls of wire. But at it's compact size and weight, I can live with that.....

Attachments

• IMG_20200405_181613.jpg
    IMG_20200405_181613.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 4

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
At the bottom of the pic , you'll see a small brass bristle brush I used to clean off the weld in the center of pic.
Notice the lack of splatter EVERYWHERE..... Or at all..... You know as well as I do that a brass bristle brush is not used for cleaning welds. It's too soft for one..... With the Titanium welder though, you're basically just brushing away debris and soot.....
I absolutely love this welder. .......

Attachments

• IMG_20200405_182939.jpg
    IMG_20200405_182939.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 12

mckutzy

Reaction score
That cool.. they have been able to get some decent welding machines lately...
I have seen people make adapters/bracketery to fit a big fluxcore wheel on the back of the machine, and run it through to the feed rollers...

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'm thinking my next welder will be either the Vulcan Omlet master (Chucke2009) or the Titanium multiprocess. So by small spools, you talking the 2lb or the 10lbs only?

anickode

Reaction score
I'm planning to try out the new ProTig 205 when my store gets them in stock. I've welded tons of AL, with machines ranging from my old Miller Legend with a HF box (no balance control, fixed 100hz output) to Miller Aerowave (my all time favorite machine) and Dynasty 350 and 700. Some Lincoln and one Everlast too.

Right now all I have at home is my Legend, and it's impractical to say the least.

I'll be interested to see how a $999 Chinese reverse engineered Lincoln stacks up.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I'm going for the Century FC-90, the Lincoln equivalent. It can still do up to 1/4" steel, even with 90 amps! Plus replacement parts are available for the Century, and it's I think the same price($200, less when it's on sale).

Those are some nice welds, Jim! :drool5: