• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Visited the Rose Bowl!!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Well I'm back after a break from the forum (school and whatnot, yada yada) and I'm on vacation in sunny Los Angeles California! Well I found out we're staying 20 minutes away from the Rose Bowl, so I convinced my grandpa to take me down there!
For those who don't know, Art Ingels, the creator of the go kart used to bring his creations down to the Rose Bowl parking lot to drive them! After a few crowds saw them racing around, go kart fever quickly set in, and here we are today!
Man it was so cool to be there at the Rose Bowl parking lot where it all started. I even took a loose piece of pavement as a souvenir hehe.

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_121408_6.jpg
    IMG_20210718_121408_6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210718_120946_5.jpg
    IMG_20210718_120946_5.jpg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 6

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
You didn't stop by Azusa Engineering?

1542 W. Industrial Park Street
Covina, CA 91722
Nope sadly didn't think to look around for it. It wasn't too far out of our route for the day so we dropped by the Rose Bowl, my grandpa didn't seem like he was in much mood to go hunting for another karting place lol.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
You'd think there would be more of a go kart "presence" there, a museum or vintage kart racing.
There might be so I'm quietly shoving my foot in my mouth as I type this.

Anyway, Go Kart Manufacturing, Co. Inc. had their start there in a facility located in Azusa California
{not the same building as Azusa Engineering}...

https://www.vintagekarts.com/historyGKMfg.htm