Vintage Enduro Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the write up. $5000 seems a bit much!!

Fully restored 1965 Hornet Marauder Enduro Kart with twin rebuilt Mac 101 engines with double pumper carburetors (can run on gasoline or Alky). All original parts. I purchased this Kart in almost new condition from the personal kart collection of Herb Shuman. The Kart had all the original equipment except engines. It had the original seat, side fuel tanks, rear disc and front drum breaks, Chrome engine mounts, wood steering wheel, round Kart number plate on steering column, magnesium wheels, hard slick tires, brake and throttle linkages and sprocket hubs, and original Cosmic Blue paint, I was able to verify that the paint was original with the help of Richard Peck founder of the Hornet Kart Company. I was told that the Kart was only raced one season before being bought by Herb Shuman for his private collection. I had the wheels glass bead blasted and clear coated, I also had the brakes rebuilt and was able to locate the very hard to find front drum brake shoes. The Kart has two rebuilt Air Hart Master Brake cylinders, one for the dual rear disc brakes and one for the dual front drum brakes. I had the two aluminum side fuel tanks cleaned inside and out and polished and I reconditioned every component on the Kart. I then topped the Kart off with two hard to find Mac 101 engines both of which were completely rebuilt with new bearings, seals, rings, points, gaskets and reed valves. The Mac101 engines have fully re-chromed covers, new decals, GEM mufflers, GEM mounts and chain guards, rebuilt double pumper carbs capable of running on gasoline or Alky fuels. The carbs. are topped with rare period correct and difficult to find flare stacks. I added two blue kill switches on the steering wheel support plate and transparent blue fuel line, I also purchased and installed two new blue Azusa axel sprockets and chains. The engines have the stronger straight 3/4" keyed shafts and custom designed and built Max Torque clutches. The Kart has been run tested and it is VERY, VERY fast but well handling and an awesome fun ride. I broke the engine in on a local track and tuned the engines for maximum performance. The engines only have two hours of run time on them. This Kart is fully restored to original condition in every way except the engines are of a later vintage. The Kart also comes with an ORIGINAL Azusa functioning and restored starter kart. I obtained a new old stock frame from Scott Gaulter who purchased remaining stock of them. I fitted the starter Kart with the period correct Ford 6 volt starter which I had rebuilt at a local auto electric shop. I can send video of the Kart running and operating upon request show contact info or, the Kart is available for inspection in Jamesport, Long Island, New York. This is a rare original Kart fully restored topped with two rebuilt and re-chromed Mac 101 engines. Call for further information and additional pictures. Buyer pays shipping cost but I will assist with crating kart and loading onto buyers transportation company truck or I can transport it to shipping facility within Suffolk County, NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.