Vector Kart Torque Converter - driven pulley?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Role

Nobility
Reaction score
I took the torque converter apart and specifically to adjust the spring tension on the driven pulley. The previous owner had done something to it and bent the spring in an awkward oval position so I took it apart to reshape and bend it back to a perfectly circular shape.

My problem...
I don't know the exact amount of space or turns it should have before locking it back down. I put the spring back in position two (manufacturer setting) because I figured that's a good standard number.

I can't figure out how to tighten it back down or lock it back down to the position needed so that it connects with the black buttons correctly. Am I suppose to give it 3 turns or something before placing the safety clip back on or am I suppose to attach it all to the side of the kart and engine before adjusting it back?

A video tutorial anywhere would be helpful.. Im very visual.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
It looks to me that the spring was bent because the sheave slipped past the cam. The plastic buttons are missing, so, it will do that. The driven unit needs to be gone through top to bottom. I think the preload is 1\3 turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.