Using a Tuk Tuk engine (305hp) for an Off road Kart?

sajad

Reaction score
Tuk tuk engines in my city are common and available: can it be iused to an off road go kart?

tuktuk1.jpg

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
It would require lots of fab work, and I can't recommend it, most off road go karts have 13-25 hp. With a tuk tuk engine you would get yourself killed. The most powerful side-by-side (read: Huge, super strong off road kart) has 200 or so hp, so 305 is a bit much. I don't mean to be rude, I just don't want you to get hurt. I never knew tuk tuks have that much hp. must be fast lil buggers.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
I believe he means 305 CC.
Lost in translation it seems.

@sajad, sorry about the confusion. The Tuk-Tuk motor could definitely work! Some custom work will have to be done, it probably won't be as "bolt on" as an industrial engine, but cheaper is always better. I'd say go for it.

sajad

Reaction score
It would require lots of fab work, and I can't recommend it, most off road go karts have 13-25 hp. With a tuk tuk engine you would get yourself killed. The most powerful side-by-side (read: Huge, super strong off road kart) has 200 or so hp, so 305 is a bit much. I don't mean to be rude, I just don't want you to get hurt. I never knew tuk tuks have that much hp. must be fast lil buggers.
Notorious for cutting tight turns and cause of numerous accidents on daily basis...in my city

sajad

Reaction score
Any engine for that? I'm based in kenya..there was a workshop who built buggies fitted with subaru 1600cc engine for competition it was havoc,roll over and accidents were common when driven by rich amateur kids..lol

sajad

Reaction score
Any pics or video? :sifone:

Attachments

• AUTO-CROSSI.jpg
    AUTO-CROSSI.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 3