Torque Converter Issues

KartTheKid

Reaction score
First time working with a torque converter, also my first go kart. Having some clearance issues and it looks like I'm gonna have to do some cutting and welding, neither of which I have the knowledge or tools to do, or get a different frame. I can't really afford to get another frame. Hoping someone knows something I can do. It seems like the main problem is the sprocket being so close to the tire the locknut on the driven pulley is in the way of putting the tire on. Second problem as you can see the engine plate isn't wide enough, but that's an easy fix Snapchat-2101304759.jpg

BSR#2

Reaction score
First time working with a torque converter, also my first go kart. Having some clearance issues and it looks like I'm gonna have to do some cutting and welding, neither of which I have the knowledge or tools to do, or get a different frame. I can't really afford to get another frame. Hoping someone knows something I can do. It seems like the main problem is the sprocket being so close to the tire the locknut on the driven pulley is in the way of putting the tire on. Second problem as you can see the engine plate isn't wide enough, but that's an easy fix View attachment 138735
Can you get more pics with all parts somewhere near the correct position??? It would help to see what's going on.

On karts that didn't come with a t/c from factory, I always have to build another engine plate. It usally ends up being 3" higher and welded in place to line up the sprockets. That 3" higher will keep everything away from the tire.

Good luck 👍

KartTheKid

Reaction score
Can you get more pics with all parts somewhere near the correct position??? It would help to see what's going on.

On karts that didn't come with a t/c from factory, I always have to build another engine plate. It usally ends up being 3" higher and welded in place to line up the sprockets. That 3" higher will keep everything away from the tire.

Good luck 👍
Everything is where it's supposed to be it's just not bolted. I have the engine hanging off to see where it needed to be so the sprockets would line up. Thanks for the advice I'll ask around locally to see if anybody can do the fab work. Have a good one

panchothedog

Reaction score
Hey, you ask for help telling us about a problem involving clearance with the tire. Your ONE picture doesn't even show the tire. Then when BSR#2 ask for more pictures, you basically blow him off. How the heck are we supposed to help you. Raising the engine about 3" as he suggested could solve the problem. Some 3/16" wall 3 x 3 square tubing welded to the frame under the motor plate would work for raising the engine. Limited vision, so guessing.

KartTheKid

Reaction score
Hey, you ask for help telling us about a problem involving clearance with the tire. Your ONE picture doesn't even show the tire. Then when BSR#2 ask for more pictures, you basically blow him off. How the heck are we supposed to help you. Raising the engine about 3" as he suggested could solve the problem. Some 3/16" wall 3 x 3 square tubing welded to the frame under the motor plate would work for raising the engine. Limited vision, so guessing.
I wasn't blowing him off at all did you even read my reply? I don't live where I work on it, it's on my farm and I live in town, and when I made the post that was the only picture I had that showed anything that was even close to my problem. Sorry if I seemed rude I really wasn't trying to. I'm gonna take both of your advice and raise the engine 3" to see if it clears the tire. Thanks, and again I apologize for seeming to be rude. I'll take more pictures today, I'll be working on it later.