Torque Converter- Engine Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAlterBridge

Reaction score
When I buy my torque converter, will I have to move my engine from where it would be if i was using a centrifugal clutch, or can I just put my engine crank shaft directly over the sprocket, like on a centrifugal clutch?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you probably won't need to move the engine. I think that the convertors are in the same plane as the clutch.

mikeandike

Reaction score
it would just be that the sproket would be behind the axel unless you mount it almost vertical. It would probably be better to move the engine forward.

GoAlterBridge

Reaction score
Well, the engine isn't on anything right now; I'm just looking ahead to when I'm going to mount it.

GoAlterBridge

Reaction score
The rear of the frame is done, except for the axles. I'm going to wait until I get wheels before I mount the engine.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
Well if you want a torque-converter, do a dry run and set everything up but not bolted down, that way you can see if it will work and if not fix the alignment.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
Yes put eveything on the kart and put it togeater, then put the engine/torque converter and get it all lined up and then bolt on the engine and what not. That way you know it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.