Tecumseh 10hp carburetor

Jayjay25

Reaction score
Anyone knows a good carburetor that I can use with auto choke to replace the manual set carburetor on a 10hp Tecumseh I think it was on a Gen it has a set throttle and I need one to us on a mini bike
Thanks

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Where in the world are you located? Never saw a auto choke. I might have one from an old tractor but it will need to be rebuilt. Pictures of the engine would be helpful.

karl

Reaction score
Set throttle you say? Do you mean automatic throttle or choke?

No auto chokes exist for these engines, but if throttle control is what you want,
you just need a throttle control plate from a engine with throttle control, or delete the governer
and run your own linkage.

Jayjay25

Reaction score
Anyone knows a good carburetor that I can use with auto choke to replace the manual set carburetor on a 10hp Tecumseh I think it was on a Gen it has a set throttle and I need one to us on a mini bike
Thanks
Where in the world are you located? Never saw a auto choke. I might have one from an old tractor but it will need to be rebuilt. Pictures of the engine would be helpful.

Attachments

• 20221110_070835.jpg
    20221110_070835.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20221110_070805.jpg
    20221110_070805.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20221107_080831.jpg
    20221107_080831.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Jayjay25

Reaction score
It has a set choke I mean I have bypass it and before but had to keep moving the choke wen I had to stop r keep it running by gas braking it on stop

Jayjay25

Reaction score
I was thinking a star carburetor would work they are racing motor but don't know which one to get

Jayjay25

Reaction score
I even put it on a go kart with an choke lever it ran good but die after an hour I think it flooded as I let off the gas when the choke was opened but was coasting down a hill

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Great engine right there, i put a carb from a 900 series briggs & stratton, takes a little finagling, but i think you have to swap the exhaust too, i put the exhaust from the briggs on mine too, i had to remove the heat guard so it would fit in my frame, not sure what you will have to do. but any carb for a 10 hp/the cc will do, make sure you get the correct bolt pattern tho, if you dont you will be dissapointed, carbs are made to be level so it cant have tilt to it or it will either flood or have no fuel in the engine, for the 900 series carb i had to bring the idle screw down a little to start it, but once its running it runs fine, just doesnt like starting on a high idle

Jayjay25

Reaction score
Yea if u was doing the speed limit I was catching up n leaving u lol on my kart and I was thinking that any carb that 10hp but I fount out about them star motor the carb I seen looks like it match to the tee was tryna see if anyone did it b4

Jayjay25

Reaction score
Say auto key is that language for auto choke

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221110-100453_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221110-100453_Chrome.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 4

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Say auto key is that language for auto choke
no that is not auto choke, the choke lever is on top of the carb and the throttle lever is too, if i was you i would buy https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carburet...es-Snowblower-Mower-5000w-Generator/970861008 instead, only because i have that one and its done me very well, the choke is a nice setup, just a few clicks back and forth for choke on and off, easy to setup, reliable and has good reviews just a few more $$$ you get one that will do you well and work well

Jayjay25

Reaction score
I'm trying to get of the 3 stage choke because wen it's on high(open fully) it doesn't stay running wen I let of the gas I need one that opens n close as u hit r release the gas

FlyFrog

Reaction score
I'm trying to get of the 3 stage choke because wen it's on high(open fully) it doesn't stay running wen I let of the gas I need one that opens n close as u hit r release the gas
keep the choke on a a little while driving see if it fixes anything, but i bet you carb is dirty or you just need a whole new one

Jayjay25

Reaction score
It doesn't run right like that I have try carb is good run like it supposed to just wasn't made for what I'm doing I heard about a shop in Denver that does tecumseh star engine still anyone knows of them