TAV2 30 Belt alignment help

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
How important is the alignment between the front & rear pulleys on the assembly of the TAV2 30?
Mine seem to off about 4mm..
Will it become an issue later on?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
That way currently will roll the belt upside down and destroy it within a few hours.

anickode

Reaction score
That way currently will roll the belt upside down and destroy it within a few hours.

Doesn't matter... Using a 30 series on a 10hp diesel is gonna turn belts into spaghetti in no time anyway. :2guns:

But you should try to get it right. Washers tend to fit pretty loose. Machine spacers (look like washers, but with a more precise ID) or a sleeve spacer cut to length would be the thing to use here.

Alternately, you can take a bit of keyed shaft the same diameter as your crankshaft, cut it to the offset length, bore it out for the securing bolt, and stack it on the end of the crankshaft before putting the driver back on. 2 ways of achieving the same result

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think a 4mm offset will roll the belt on a series 30 (not in a day not in a month much less a few hours)
BUT I have to agree with Tpdingo..
it will certainly unneccessarily wear the belt because of the added friction
(that also cause less efficient power transfer and minor drawbacks alike)
So a few cents to line the sheaves up more precisely is well spent time and money.

'sid

PS in case you suffer from a notoriously short shaft, shaft extension as described by anickode,
are not too expensive to make either, a short length of bored and keyed shaft and a longer than usual key to span both your shaft and the extension as well as a longer bolt is all that's needed

Status
Not open for further replies.