Tapatalk and Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinist@large

Reaction score
One of the things I truly appreciate about the forum is the fact that our host and site admin keeps it clean with zero outside advertising. (Anything site related is just FYI).

Yet I just got hit with an add for Tapatalk trying to pass itself off as "Your site support's it, you should subscribe right now".

If Robert decided to make a change, it's his call to make. But I think I know this much; if he decided to make that type of change, he would have given all of us some type of heads up. Which prompts my question...

How did the pop up add even make it in?????

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the things I truly appreciate about the forum is the fact that our host and site admin keeps it clean with zero outside advertising. (Anything site related is just FYI).

Yet I just got hit with an add for Tapatalk trying to pass itself off as "Your site support's it, you should subscribe right now".

If Robert decided to make a change, it's his call to make. But I think I know this much; if he decided to make that type of change, he would have given all of us some type of heads up. Which prompts my question...

How did the pop up add even make it in?????

I have had this before when I use my tablet. For me it usually comes up when trying to open the site. I just have to say No (or whatever) and it is gone. I think it has something to do with DIYGK being Tapatalk enabled. Tapatalk then automatically tries to get you to use it. I don't think Robert has enabled anything

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You DO NOT need to use Tapatalk. I find it highly annoying, but that does pop up. Just hit "cancel".

Status
Not open for further replies.