swapping a tecumseh 5 HP for a predator 212 on a yerf dog 1203

Holmes

Reaction score
So I haven't been on in a long time. My yerf dog was a constant headache and I ended up buying my kids a quad and stuffing it into the back of the garage. A few weeks ago I stumbled on a Predator 212 engine for cheap and picked it up to try and revive this cart.

It should be fairly easy; and I know that plenty of people have done this; but as I dug into it the problem is the throttle. The engine I have has a simple lever arm that moves the throttle on the predator. the existing tecumseh has multiple assemblies; springs, levers etc. Does anyone have some pics of this project I can use to help figure out what to use and what to keep?

currycarts

Reaction score
Really helpful video! I have a Crossfire 150R that I considered replacing with a 212 Predator. How did it turn out?

Holmes

Reaction score
I got it started then realized that the stock thottle is no longer there. The guy I bought it from somehow hooked the throttle cable straight to the govenor. I tried for a couple hours to make up something to get it to work and then have had too much other stuff going on so its just sitting in my garage waiting.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
well, the throttle and governor linkages are still available, so you can pick those up for sub $20 or thereabouts.