Submissions for a DIYGK logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
So as you all know, the thread regarding our logo has gone nowhere for a very long time. There are some good logos that have been put forward, but nobody has taken the initiative yet to get the ball rolling.

This is why us older mods have decided to break Fabroman (Tony) in by giving him his first official duty as a moderator. :D What he is going to do is gather submissions for logos in this thread, and then when he is satisfied that there are enough of them, and they are of good enough quality, they will be put to a vote for everyone to decide which will be the final logo.

This thread is not going to drag on forever like the other one. What we want to do is get all the good logos from the previous thread, get some more from people here, and then maybe vote on it within about 2 weeks or so.

Please could everyone keep this thread free from too much clutter so that we don't get confused

Thanks

OzFab

Reaction score
So as you all know, the thread regarding our logo has gone nowhere for a very long time

:iagree: Time to put this baby to bed...

This is why us older mods have decided to break Fabroman (Tony) in by giving him his first official duty as a moderator. :D

Oh, gee, thanks for that... :worried2:

This thread is not going to drag on forever like the other one.

Nope, T minus 2 weeks & counting... :D

Now, you can submit your own work or, if you wish, post a link from the old thread if any of those designs take your fancy. Even if you submitted something in the previous thread, it doesn't count unless you resubmit it here.

Please no copied work unless you have permission from the artist, we don't want any copyright lawsuits :)

I'll start off with a few of mine; just a few ideas I've been throwing around, we can mix & match bits & pieces:

Attachments

• Crest + Banner.jpg
    Crest + Banner.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
  • logo bw.gif
    logo bw.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DIYGOKARTS.jpg
    DIYGOKARTS.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Banner.jpg
    Banner.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

OzFab

Reaction score
Whoops, I put the wrong design up, I forgot we ruled out the "creature that may or may not resemble Taz" due to possible copyright problems but, I have another...

Attachments

• Forum Logo Banner & Crest.jpg
    Forum Logo Banner & Crest.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Forum Logo Line.jpg
    Forum Logo Line.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 9

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Thats cool! But , my wife and I think the crest would look better,with this kart instead of the car crash. And if you could like just add a wall....... We REALLY like the crest and banner , because as my wife puts it,thats EXACTLY what I do.... fix,drive,tear up,and repeat.......

OzFab

Reaction score
I like the go kart design, it's different, simple but effective...

Your wording is off though, it's "wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat" :)

:iagree: Jim, the crest gives off an air of class but, does that give off the correct vibe? I'd like to use it but, IMO, it needs something else to show the fun side of the forum

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
I like the go kart design, it's different, simple but effective...

... yea plus you wouldnt have to drive up on someones bumper just to understand/read it. IMO, 'logo's' should be well seen/understood/explained at a glance. If youre tryin to figure out little details on a 'logo', youre lookin too hard. The logos that look like a bunch of little lines formed to attempt to make a 'picture' are at times/certain distances, hard to make out. The multicolored ones are kewl an all... but noones gonna wanna pay for a multicolor decal(multicolor decals 'tend' to be more costly to produce).

:iagree: Jim, the crest gives off an air of class but, does that give off the correct vibe?

Lol... Seems to me that you dont find us classy?..:lolgoku:
He does bring up a point though... how many 'classy' folk are DIY'r type ppl?!? Not meaning to make another comment on 'my' submission... But 'Pedestrian-crossings', 'school-crossings', use figures like mine to 'simplify' things as you 'drive' past them... Hehe

OzFab

Reaction score
Well, so much for

keep this thread free from too much clutter so that we don't get confused

:oops: :lolgoku:

Well, yes & no, let me try to explain:

When I see a crest on something, the first thing that comes to mind is money; crests are usually used by high end schools, organisations, clubs, companies, etc & usually point to laying out lost of cash to be part of it...

Basically, what I meant was it comes across as high class which equates to snobs which we are definitely not!

Last edited:

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
After reading Fabroman's reply, I gotta say I agree. I wouldn't want someone thinking its only high $$ stuff here. We (me n my wife) are gonna put our heads together and throw something at y'all in the next day or so....

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
... yea plus you wouldnt have to drive up on someones bumper just to understand/read it. IMO, 'logo's' should be well seen/understood/explained at a glance. If youre tryin to figure out little details on a 'logo', youre lookin too hard. The logos that look like a bunch of little lines formed to attempt to make a 'picture' are at times/certain distances, hard to make out. The multicolored ones are kewl an all... but noones gonna wanna pay for a multicolor decal(multicolor decals 'tend' to be more costly to produce).

Lol... Seems to me that you dont find us classy?..:lolgoku:
He does bring up a point though... how many 'classy' folk are DIY'r type ppl?!? Not meaning to make another comment on 'my' submission... But 'Pedestrian-crossings', 'school-crossings', use figures like mine to 'simplify' things as you 'drive' past them... Hehe

While you make some good points, perhaps you should submit your own work eh? That image has been around for many years.

Now, from an artists point of view... redraw it yourself and make a certain percentage of modifications... and you could get away with it legally. (I think it's 30% or something)

Kelly

Attachments

• gkstick1.jpg
    gkstick1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 20

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
.... trying this again... hoping it's different enough now...

Attachments

• DIY.jpg
    DIY.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3

OzFab

Reaction score
I say yes but others may have other ideas. I like almost everything about it, especially the light bulb head but, I'm not to sure if that's meant to be an engine or a big gulp on the back :lolgoku: (thinking from an "outsiders" point of view)

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
I say yes but others may have other ideas. I like almost everything about it, especially the light bulb head but, I'm not to sure if that's meant to be an engine or a big gulp on the back :lolgoku: (thinking from an "outsiders" point of view)

"Big Gulp" huh?!....LMAO, yea I saw that... changed it abit more...

Attachments

• DIY.jpg
    DIY.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 10

ak99

Reaction score
My 2c worth..

Fabroman's picture with something like this under it??

Of course the name would be done properly so it looks like part of the wrench.

Just another idea.

Attachments

• Combination wrench19.jpg
    Combination wrench19.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 10

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I quite like your submission half-breeder

Me too actually..
But just to add an alternative I thought maybe it makes sense to not reduce the kart and show the driver, but to reduce the driver and show the kart ;)

So I started doodeling
diy_doodle2.jpg

With some modifications I think I could even get it to resemble the letters for Go Kart

I also liked the tools.. just slightly different
diy_doodle1.jpg

I still love the wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat coat of arms,
only thing I would change is the wheel to be closer to a kart wheel than a car wheel, and the car being a kart o course...

'sid

OzFab

Reaction score
You know what, as much as I like Half-breeders, yours looks really good Sid, simple yet effective; this is gonna be tough...

As for your tools idea, sorry but, IMHO,the clamp could be mistaken for a P, then people will be thinking "what's PIY?" Just my 2 cents.

With the coat of arms, I went with what I had available to me; that's not a final draft, more of an idea of what it should be...

These are all great ideas, keep 'em coming guys... & girls...

Status
Not open for further replies.