Subaru Robin Ex13 Governor/Throttle linkage

mabsimmo

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to Go-Karts and to this forum. I got my kart and it was missing the governor rod and springs. I got the rod, rod spring, and governor spring and got them installed, but it seems like I'm missing something else still. I can't find much in the way of diagrams or other info showing exactly how everything is supposed to go together. It seems like there should be something that attaches from the throttle lever to the governor lever or choke lever or something. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

20210916_215731_resize_2.jpg20210916_215744_resize_19.jpg20210916_215820_resize_16.jpg20210916_215915_resize_80.jpg

Last edited:

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Here's what one version looks like..............
Robin/Subaru EX13 Parts Diagram for Governor (jackssmallengines.com)
Here's what they're calling the "old style" version looks like................
Robin/Subaru EX13 Parts Diagram for Governor-Old Style (jackssmallengines.com)
..........and yes, there certainly is something that attaches from the governor lever to the throttle. Look at (diagram) #30 on either of the diagrams, "governor rod CP", part #2794270101. Is that the rod you got? Look over the diagrams to see if you are indeed missing something.

mabsimmo

Reaction score
Thanks, but I've seen those diagrams and it's what I used to order the rod and 2 springs. That rod doesn't connect the governor lever (10) to the speed control lever (310) though, it is too long for that. It goes from the governor lever to the choke lever control (224) https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...turer/robin/engine/ex/ex13/fuel-lubrication-i

What I would love is to actually see some pictures showing how everything connects. The parts diagram doesn't do that very well.

Last edited:

mabsimmo

Reaction score
Here's what one version looks like..............
Robin/Subaru EX13 Parts Diagram for Governor (jackssmallengines.com)
Here's what they're calling the "old style" version looks like................
Robin/Subaru EX13 Parts Diagram for Governor-Old Style (jackssmallengines.com)
..........and yes, there certainly is something that attaches from the governor lever to the throttle. Look at (diagram) #30 on either of the diagrams, "governor rod CP", part #2794270101. Is that the rod you got? Look over the diagrams to see if you are indeed missing something.

It seems to be operating correctly, so I guess I was worried about nothing. I didn't have a chance to try it once I put the rod and springs on, and then went out of town. I tried it tonight and it worked fine.

Any thoughts, tips, or tricks on how to speed it up? It bogs down a bit while going up hill (even slight) and I would think it would go faster than what it does.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Are you running a clutch on the motor shaft, or a belt-drive CVT (Constant Variable Transmission) also known as a TC (Torque Converter? Low hp. engines need a CVT to pull hills.