Sprocket hub help

Red1ginjaninja

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently got a #520 sprocket from go kart galaxy and am struggling to find a hub with the right bolt circle. Screenshot_20211125-085251.png
These are the dimensions of it, any help is appreciated!

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
What kind of kart and motor are you running that needs a 5/8" width chain and 5/8" sprockets? That's motorcycle grade chain, most gokarts run 3/8" or 1/2" chain, see chart in this link for understanding chain sizes (note that the chart only goes up to 1/2" chain, the first digit in the chain size represents that many eighths of an inch width of the chain)................Chain for Go Kart, Mini Bike | GoKarts USA®...................

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Here's a quote from the gokartgalaxy.com website's home page.................We have sprocket hubs for 1" and 1 1/4" live axles.................
You have to know what bore size you need for the axle the hub's going on, they have 1" and 1 1/4" as stated. Then you pick your bolt pattern from there, and those oddball bolt circles you showed above sound like they're for Chinese buggies and the like, metric stuff.
Your choices for anything in 5/8" chain and sprockets is going to be very limited compared to #35 and #40, #41, #420. Check out the hubs from BMI in this link and you'll see the focus on the smaller sizes.................Search Results > sprocket hubs (bmikarts.com)

Red1ginjaninja

Reaction score
What kind of kart and motor are you running that needs a 5/8" width chain and 5/8" sprockets? That's motorcycle grade chain, most gokarts run 3/8" or 1/2" chain, see chart in this link for understanding chain sizes (note that the chart only goes up to 1/2" chain, the first digit in the chain size represents that many eighths of an inch width of the chain)................Chain for Go Kart, Mini Bike | GoKarts USA®...................
I have a crg kalifornia and am putting a yz 250f in it 😂 thanks for the feed back, I will look into the custom hubs.

anderkart

Reaction score
The Go Kart Galaxy website doesn't seem to list any hubs that fit that sprockets (6 on 3.146") bolt circle patern on their site...
Have you already tried sending them an email asking if they have the hub you need, but just don't list it on their site?
Here's their email: sales@gokartgalaxy.com

Go Kart Galaxy buys most all of their sprocket componets from a manufacturer called ASUSA.
The ASUSA website doesn't seem to be listing the any hubs with the correct bolt circle patern you need for that sprocket either: https://azusaparts.com/product-category/hubs/sprocket-hubs/

I checked out your profile pic, looks like your building a shifter racekart, right?

I can probably help you find a sprocket and/or hub that's specifically made for shifter racekarts like yours, If gokart galaxy doesn't have the hub you need; but I'll need more info to help you:

1-What brand & model of motorcycle engine do you have on your kart?
2-How many teeth does your engines 520-pitch counter sprocket have?
3-How many teeth are on that Gokart Galaxy axle sprocket you already bought?
4-Also, what's the diameter of your karts rear axle? Is it a 30mm, 40mm, 50mm or 1-1/4" diameter?

Red1ginjaninja

Reaction score
1)
The Go Kart Galaxy website doesn't seem to list any hubs that fit that sprockets (6 on 3.146") bolt circle patern on their site...
Have you already tried sending them an email asking if they have the hub you need, but just don't list it on their site?
Here's their email: sales@gokartgalaxy.com

Go Kart Galaxy buys most all of their sprocket componets from a manufacturer called ASUSA.
The ASUSA website doesn't seem to be listing the any hubs with the correct bolt circle patern you need for that sprocket either: https://azusaparts.com/product-category/hubs/sprocket-hubs/

I checked out your profile pic, looks like your building a shifter racekart, right?

I can probably help you find a sprocket and/or hub that's specifically made for shifter racekarts like yours, If gokart galaxy doesn't have the hub you need; but I'll need more info to help you:

1-What brand & model of motorcycle engine do you have on your kart?
2-How many teeth does your engines 520-pitch counter sprocket have?
3-How many teeth are on that Gokart Galaxy axle sprocket you already bought?
4-Also, what's the diameter of your karts rear axle? Is it a 30mm, 40mm, 50mm or 1-1/4" diameter?
Ok, I shot them an email and figure I won't get a response till monday. To answer your questions, yes it is a shifter kart, 1) yz250f 2) 13 but I plan on upping that in the near future I really just want to get it driving first 3) 33 4) 40mm

anderkart

Reaction score
Guys that race shifterkarts like yours typically swap their #520-pitch counter sprockets over to the #428-pitch.
Like one of these: https://sharkshifter.com/collection...9-428-sprocket-16-thur-19-tooth-counter-shaft

Then you could run this split-axle sprocket: https://sharkshifter.com/products/r...-21-to-28-tooth?_pos=110&_sid=9309301ac&_ss=r

With this chain: https://sharkshifter.com/products/428-regina-chain?_pos=1&_sid=85553a894&_ss=r

1- Have you already calculated what gear ratio/top speed you want?

2- Do you plan on racing it at a track or just riding around for fun?