Spelling & Grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinist@large

Reaction score
Everyone has their right to disagree . But let's not let it ruin a good forum , I like it here . So far everyone I've met has been nice to me . Let there be peace and good times.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I joined the forum when I was recovering from a major auto accident; it's the number one reason I haven't built a kart (bills)

The number one reason I haven't been very active in the last month or so is because I'm behind the 8 ball on four different high profile projects at work (I'll post photos when I catch up).I'm still digging myself out.

As for a spelling and punctuation war, not my cup of tea..... :oops:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
So we Americans screwed up your Proper English. But we get a hard time for using the "Imperial" System of measurements... Is not the Imperial system so named for the KING of England hence the Kings English.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
He filled out his location....:lolgoku:

Oh oh oh....him don't know me very well....that's just ONE of the reasons I pick on people.....(actually...the one I'm nicest about),,,,

First is dissing the forum....

Second: The inability to properly form a post with sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling.

Third: Posting large pictures...(just no reason for that)...

Fourth: Not listening to the advice given and beeing defensive against it.

Five : Not filling out a profile location....it just helps and makes the experience more fun to compare regional differences....

Finally....Californians....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK....Love Ya Chancer...

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Oh oh oh....him don't know me very well....that's just ONE of the reasons I pick on people.....(actually...the one I'm nicest about),,,,

First is dissing the forum....

Second: The inability to properly form a post with sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling.

Third: Posting large pictures...(just no reason for that)...

Fourth: Not listening to the advice given and beeing defensive against it.

Five : Not filling out a profile location....it just helps and makes the experience more fun to compare regional differences....

Finally....Californians....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK....Love Ya Chancer...

Ever try a computer forum??? The first response is almost always telling people to read the sticky describing how to ask a question. BUT they word it something like.... " I have no idea what you are talking about (PERIOD)" Those guys are really mean:lolgoku:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Ever try a computer forum??? The first response is almost always telling people to read the sticky describing how to ask a question. BUT they word it something like.... " I have no idea what you are talking about (PERIOD)" Those guys are really mean:lolgoku:

You're asking a guy (Neanderthal) ...who doesn't have internet access through computer...if he's ever joined a computer forum????

Don't get me wrong ....I used to have the latest and greatest computer....the fastest ISP...and the ability to talk to that sucker in DOS....(and go into the basic programming and reconfigure to suit my preferences....)...

But....economic restraints and personal difficulties have thrown me back to the point where the computer just sits ....and I go online with a Smart Phone....

Sometimes....I miss all the things I used to do on a computer....but...I don't miss the close to $50 a month just for internet...and almost another $100 for cable...

I still keep my home phone for almost $50 a month....but hey...I've had it over 40 years....

But...I'm on antenna now...and unlimited talk,text, and internet is $35 a month....(on my phone) ...

I may have some downsides to quality...but not enough to justify the extra money, while living at (or below) the poverty level....

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
in short: you are old !

LOL, just messing with you buddy...
I totally get what you're saying,

but here's a hint: ask your provider if your service covers tethering;
(most around here do, or can be upgraded to do so without additional fees)
activate that and use your phone as your internet-modem via bluetooth or wifi on your computer.

It's slower than a regular connection,true;
but it's at least a full sized keyboard and a decently large screen so your screen size can then remove "reason 3" ;)
And it shouldn't be slower than your internet on the phone at all.
works quite well and is by far more convenient than thumbwiggling on a 4.7" screen :D

'sid

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
I have used my phone to connect my ipad to the net. On verizon its called hotspot, other providers do have it usually.

in short: you are old !

LOL, just messing with you buddy...
I totally get what you're saying,

but here's a hint: ask your provider if your service covers tethering;
(most around here do, or can be upgraded to do so without additional fees)
activate that and use your phone as your internet-modem via bluetooth or wifi on your computer.

It's slower than a regular connection,true;
but it's at least a full sized keyboard and a decently large screen so your screen size can then remove "reason 3" ;)
And it shouldn't be slower than your internet on the phone at all.
works quite well and is by far more convenient than thumbwiggling on a 4.7" screen :D

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Yeah....but then again....I'm spoiled now....I can't imagine setting a desktop in my lap while watching TV , having a cold drink, and relaxing in the recliner....

So...you see....we get old...maybe broke....but not necessarily stupid!

Kartorbust

Reaction score
You're asking a guy (Neanderthal) ...who doesn't have internet access through computer...if he's ever joined a computer forum????

Don't get me wrong ....I used to have the latest and greatest computer....the fastest ISP...and the ability to talk to that sucker in DOS....(and go into the basic programming and reconfigure to suit my preferences....)...

But....economic restraints and personal difficulties have thrown me back to the point where the computer just sits ....and I go online with a Smart Phone....

Sometimes....I miss all the things I used to do on a computer....but...I don't miss the close to $50 a month just for internet...and almost another $100 for cable...

I still keep my home phone for almost $50 a month....but hey...I've had it over 40 years....

But...I'm on antenna now...and unlimited talk,text, and internet is $35 a month....(on my phone) ...

I may have some downsides to quality...but not enough to justify the extra money, while living at (or below) the poverty level....

Straight Talk is the best thing ever. Long as you have WiFi in your house, free internet on your phone without running up the 2 gigs of monthly data...all for $45.00 per month. Just go to Walmart and get the cards.

In Minneapolis, people are able to get gigabit internet for something like $200 per month. Outside of Netflix and the occasional online gaming, $200 is a huge pill to swallow...but man that'd be fast. That's a huge upgrade when I was 5 and we had dial-up.

8t6bronco

Reaction score
Straight Talk is the best thing ever. Long as you have WiFi in your house, free internet on your phone without running up the 2 gigs of monthly data...all for $45.00 per month. Just go to Walmart and get the cards.

In Minneapolis, people are able to get gigabit internet for something like $200 per month. Outside of Netflix and the occasional online gaming, $200 is a huge pill to swallow...but man that'd be fast. That's a huge upgrade when I was 5 and we had dial-up.

When I was 5 dial-up meant you dialed someone up and talked to them. You were free to roam around the house as far as the coiled wire running from the phone to the receiver would allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.