Skeleton go kart

EnduroJp

Reaction score
I got it for free so now getting a engine for it but which is it. Long/short case? I dont know the year but its either raptor or someone put the stickers on it (fade sticker on sides) my assumption is its a 150cc. The previous owner said he had no idea what it is but it has been sitting in his backyard when he bought the property.

Hope pictures works. New guy here :bannana:

Attachments

• 20200401_143300.jpg
    20200401_143300.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200401_152143.jpg
    20200401_152143.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 11
  • received_504906377072960.jpeg
    received_504906377072960.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 15
  • received_474913783201535.jpeg
    received_474913783201535.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 21

EnduroJp

Reaction score
I plan on restoring it much as i could. It is getting new coat of paint in couple of days. I've got 4 new tires, 4 shocks, a steering wheel and still looking for seats, engine and rear rack.

Smerft85

Reaction score
Personal opinion here, take it how youd like. It's a cheap Chinese buggy that you got for free, finding a direct replacement engine may be a bigger pain in the backside than modifying, and a true restoration in its current condition may cost more than the resale value in the end.

I've wanted one of those buggy frames to modify a big block honda or clone for it and adapt it to fit, there is a monster on youtube, think its vasly builds that has a modded predator 670 v-twin, and its nasty. I believe the 150cc that likely came on it will lose its appeal very quickly, if it's a build for an adult of course. If you are building it with kids in mind a 212 predator or other clone with a few simple mods will push it plenty for some thrills.

EnduroJp

Reaction score
I would go for the 420cc predator. Its for the kids and me. Is there some measurement that can guide me to fab a mounting bracket. I found one on gopowersport. I can weld it but by looking at youtube doesnt show more content on the motor placement.

Things i will need
420cc
Mounting bracket
What else?

mckutzy

Reaction score
Find out what size chain and tooth count of the rear sprocket is... or change it out for one you know the size...
You need a TC for this, not clutch.
Throttle cable

Hows the brakes/tires???

EnduroJp

Reaction score
I already got new tires for it. Brake calipers are there but no master cylinder/hoses. Will add on parts list to get.

Counted 31 tooth. No chains

Smerft85

Reaction score
Guessing here, but most of that buggy looks like a tomberlin crossfire, parts may interchange and to the best of my knowledge should be running a #40 chain, meaning you'll nee a much bigger axle sprocket with more teeth. Running a predator 420 will be a 1" shaft and you'll need a 40 series or better t/c. The master cylinder should be the same as the crossfire and can be found on Amazon, just ordered one for my father in law.

As for a template for the engine plate I could give you the measurements from my big block from center to center in the holes, or you could wait till you have your 420 so you can mock it up and have it sitting proper before welding.

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
You should go for a stage 2 predator 212, that would be cheaper than a big block and you would have more hp, although you would be giving up an electric start so yeh

EnduroJp

Reaction score
Had few researching and am leaning towards to the 212cc... it will do fine for 8 and 12 years old boys

im going pick up the engine at harbor freight this weekend... does they sell mounting bracket or id have to order on amazon?

As for brakes i need master cylinder with hoses. Which site to order them?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EGSJ9IQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_dUpMEb3XBC2RB

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S3TX4C5/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_2UpMEbFDV7JGR

Havent purchase those yet. Confirm if they are good?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Ok.. whats the chain type???

The one on the axle chain sprocket? If so, it's dual sprocket. The previous owner thinks he had the chain somewhere in his shed so he will look for it.

Smerft85

Reaction score
That t/c is for #35 chain, post a picture of your axle sprocket if you can so we can verify. The engines from harbor freight have mounting holes built in so you'll need to probably build an engine mount to match on the frame. I'll post a link to the master cylinder we got for the crossfire a little later today, how many calipers are on yours?

EnduroJp

Reaction score
It has 3 brakes. 2 in the front and one on rear. Calipers and pad still looks good. No hoses

Attachments

• 20200417_160243.jpg
    20200417_160243.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 10

Smerft85

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BSV32V/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_tRJMEbXYMW24N

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072BND1WB/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_LSJMEb3RCK9SS

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CNUHCDS/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_0TJMEbD4VKEQG

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPSZCK6/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_dVJMEbNWXY5ZW

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Along with a predator 212 this should get you moving,measure lengths for your brake cables and it should get you stopping too.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

The sprockets on that axle are typical of gy6 engines and wont do you much good.

EnduroJp

Reaction score
awesome i already ordered those parts except the master cylinder. was looking at the brake pedal and i think that wont work with that cylinder. I'll post the picture of it in a while. got the 212cc yesterday so gonna wait for the mount bracket to arrive tomorrow then go from there.

just got to prep the frame for sand blasting today.