Shocks for 350ish pound buggy?

BlackThought

Reaction score
Finally got my motor welded but ive run into another problem. The shocks that came with my SunL 150 bottom out which is no fun. So, i need something beefier?

Problem is all the shocks ive found on gopower etc look like the same basic shocks that came with it. I don't see where to sort/show weigh capacity.

Any ideas?

redflash

Reaction score
Just look up GO Kart shock absorbers....,dozens of places sell them. Sand Buggy shocks, etc. Go power is by far not the only parts house in the country.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
find them at the salvage yard.
You can't get the tiny high-pressure airline stuff and weird connectors at a hardware store, maybe at auto parts or 4-wheeler place. Salvage yard parts may or not come with warranty that they won't leak down. The new ones I bought have all the line kit tubes and connectors, and work reliably. Not expensive, free shipping.

redflash

Reaction score
I suppose you get more travel with air shocks, but I thought the tower you had to build for the top bracket...didn't look pretty ! stuck up too high !

Da Flash

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
the tower you had to build for the top bracket...didn't look pretty ! stuck up too high !
Very correct, didn't know how airshocks work when ordering, whether there would be huge compression or whatever. Built big ugly tower to fit maximum retraction of shocks, and allow for angle at full extension. Wanted huge travel and got it. Range is something like 15.5" to 26". More than enough for max range of A-arms, can get near 20" off ground to dragging it.
Way too much shock, but something to be said for the storage capacity of the cylinders.