Scumm: Mobile recliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scumm

Reaction score
Good evening. I'm 31, male, and live in Indiana. I'm also a bartender. My plans are to build an electric go kart into a recliner or armchair/ottoman for the man-cave and for tailgating and such. My budget is around 200 for parts. I plan on hitting up some yard sales for the chair. Unfortunately, i dont know alot about electric motors, controllers, amps and such. I'm not really looking for any high speeds here. Somewhere between 10-15 mph. Ive looked at used parts for golf carts, scooters, power chairs, fork lifts, e bikes conversions, you name it.

I weigh right at 220, and assume the chair will weigh about that as well. Any suggestions on what size/type of motor would be good? I'm leaning torward the motor scooter motors because they are already geared w/ free coasting sprockets and it'll be easy to get chains and such. I came across this on ebay. Do you think itll move it?

Motor kit

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
I hope this well help

if you could fiine a pace saver 2 that could power your recliner it a scooter it made out tube metal the motor 24 volts it gose forward an backward ill take pic of the on got off craigs list it would fi under the chair this the motors back wheel

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 36

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
i like this idel of your

i took time to drew a pic of the fame work of a pace saver farme work it storng please let know how you put this recliner or armchair/ottoman to gether you gave be a idel saand i thank for hippie peace:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    88.5 KB · Views: 19

DAElectric

Reaction score
That kit that you listed should work but you are not going to get anywhere near 10 mph with that. That is designed to drive a 20# scooter at 10 - 15 mph when loaded with a 100# kid. To keep from overloading it you will need to gear it down quite a bit.

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
say ifind a ol pace saver 2 that scooter will go ten miles a houre i see it move a man tha weigh 257 257 bs the svcooter with batterys and with lift about 250 lbs over 500 lbs if you remove all the good take down to bear boons it would work ill take pic an show you all tomrow if you put motor in back it will push you anywhere

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
*laffs* Oh, you better post pictures of this build ........ sounds awesome! How are you planning on doing the steering for it: tiller, handlebars, or wheel?

Scumm

Reaction score
Ok so I'm starting to get a plan together I think/hope. I'm gonna build the project around this sabretooth dual motor controllerhttp://www.superdroidrobots.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=822

and use two 24v 500W brushed electric scooter motors to drive it. I plan on having each motor drive each side tank-style. The controller is rated for 25A continuous for each motor w/ peaks of up to 50A. The electric motors I'm finding are all rated either 27.4A or 28A. Does that mean they will max out at this amperage or that that is the no load amperage?

For guidance I'm either gonna use a radio controlled transmitter/receiver, a game controller, or this old laptop I have laying around w/ a program I found at http://www.roborealm.com

My plan is to build a frame that is adjustable and can be attached to couch or a recliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.