Rear sprocket/drum brake HELP!

DougRidesMinis

Reaction score
So I got this little chopper. I believe it's a Predator brand from it's appearance but I'm not sure. I'm doing quite a few mods but the biggest one is replacing the 49cc engine with a Predator 212. Hopefully the picture I've attached helps. Or that I think I attached..

There are a couple issues so far;
1. The drum brake for rear wheel does not have any internals and I would like to get them. If you have a source or a complete wheel I would really appreciate it.

2. The original motor had the drive on the right side and Predator 212 is on the left. Can I just flip the wheel so the wheel sprocket is on the same side as the Predator sprocket?

3. The sprocket on the rear wheel is a different pitch than the predator sprockets and need to change. Does anyone know a replacement source or part number.

4. What size wheel sprocket would be the right size for the rear wheel with 12 tooth drive sprocket. I want it to boogie but manageable.

Thanks for any and all help.

Attachments

• mini-chop before.jpg
    mini-chop before.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 7

jonlasaga

Reaction score
That's a cool looking bike.

As far as the drum do you know what is supposed to go in there? On my yl2 both the front and rear drum only have a single flat cam in between too shoes that pushes them out when you pull the cable. (pic attatched). If its like mine all you need is shoes for the drum and it will work. If not send some pictures and we can try to help you find what parts your looking for.

As far as flipping the wheel around it may works but you might need to find a new way to hold it in place and to hook up the brake linkage. It might just be better to run a jackshaft for the predator that switches the side it will also allow you to run shorter or taller gearing.

As far as sprocket size its generally recommended to keep a gear ratio of 6-1 with most tcs and centrifugal clutches for the predator 212 but you can get away with taller since the bike is a little lighter than a kart but it will reduce your ability to climb hills. With a 17inch tire and the governor removed at that gearing you can almost hit 60 though. (heres a gearing calculator for you) https://www.bmikarts.com/Go-Kart-Gear-Ratio-Speed-Calculator

Attachments

• JPEG_20200707_170552.jpg
    JPEG_20200707_170552.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 3