Razor Dune Buggy upgrade

marcleman

Reaction score
I've had a Razor Dune Buggy for about 10 years now and it's still holding up well, but now I feel like I want some more speed on it. I've done research on a lot of forums but I don't really know where to start. I mainly want a high top speed (20-30mph) with some big wheels on it.

I've been looking at the Electric Scooter Parts website and I've seen a kit on there that might look good, but if there are better things out there then I'm open to buying those.

Would this kit get me the speed and power I'm looking for? I'm not very informed with electric motors and batteries.

EpsilonZero

...still cheaper than a boat!
Reaction score
It all depends on what you want to do with it. What do you consider overkill? Keep in mind it comes stock with #25 chain, so it can only take so much power until you have to swap out for something stronger. The axle is some proprietary metric size that you can't get off the shelf components for, so I suggest you just swap it out immediately.

I've done quite a bit to my son's dune buggy. I realized that I set up the spindle and axle diameter to the same 5/8" and 1" as my kart and I don't get enough grip any more so I am handing my wheels and slicks down.

20230909_155832.jpg