Racing Go-Kart Tire/Rim Question

MrGentry

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used racing go-kart. One of the tires had a small sliver of metal in it and is leaking air. The tires are Burris racing slicks size 10 x 5.6-5. This seems to be an oddball size as I have not had any luck finding a replacement. Does anyone know if another tire size will fit the rims? The rims are ARC ( I think) split rims.

MrGentry

Reaction score
Dang that's quite a bit wider than usual for front rim unless your racekart was setup for oval tracks.

Are we dealing with a front or rear tire?

Do you plan on racing your kart at a track or just riding around for fun?
The rims are all the same front and rear. I am planning to just drive it around, not race it.

anderkart

Reaction score
Ok I wasn't able to find any Burris (or any other brands of) racekart slicks in your size listed on the net, so you've got a few options:

Simply patch your leaky tire.

Or contact Burris and ask if they have 1 tire in your size in their warehouse, or could make one for you.

Or search the net using the term "Burris Kart Tires" and contact all the authorized Burris tire dealers to ask if they have a tire in your size.

Or buy 2 other (matching) sized tires that'll fit your rims and install both at that end of your kart. Like a pair of 11x7.1x5 rear tires, or a pair of 11x6x5 tires to install on the front.