Power in older, non renovated homes is a constant problem. Ours was built in '49 and has 100 A service. In the summer in GA, that gets maxed out real quick.
Oh for sure. What really chaps me is the fact that only the 92% efficient furnace and hot water heater are the only things in this house that runs off of natural gas. Stove/range and dryer are all 240v electric. Unfortunately trying to T in gas from the basement is going to be costly, but it could end up saving us money overall. As well as adding more insulation into the attic.