Purple hornet

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
:O that's an unusual looking kart, did you make it yourself? Do you have any problems with torsional stiffness?

Madd mann

Reaction score
Yes I did build it I posted it years ago and it was green back then I called it the Kohler kart because it was powered by a Kohler engine. Now I redone it over. And as far as stiffness I just run 1/8 mile with it not bad at all the way it handles.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I just run 1/8 mile with it not bad at all the way it handles.
I can easily believe it handles great in a straight line, since it couldn't have the kind of accelerative torque to twist the frame or anything similar.
Do you have any problems with torsional stiffness?
I think this question was aimed more at the kind of torsional forces that would be applied to the roll cage if it tumbled aole-over-elbows at 40 mph. while only secured at basically a single point attachment on each side to the frame down low, the midpoint horizontal braces notwithstanding. Might be fine for you, but I know my increasingly brittle human construction wouldn't take that kind of thing unscathed.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I can easily believe it handles great in a straight line, since it couldn't have the kind of accelerative torque to twist the frame or anything similar.

I think this question was aimed more at the kind of torsional forces that would be applied to the roll cage if it tumbled aole-over-elbows at 40 mph. while only secured at basically a single point attachment on each side to the frame down low, the midpoint horizontal braces notwithstanding. Might be fine for you, but I know my increasingly brittle human construction wouldn't take that kind of thing unscathed.
Nah I was asking if the frame has any problems with twisting under high Gs/hard cornering.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Kudos on the color choice, what is that exactly?
What color is that? Plumb Crazy?

Looks very reminiscent of Taco Purple, which I love.