Puller for wheel

PullHorse

Reaction score
I'm wondering what you guys do when an axle key has a wheel/tire jammed in there. Does anyone have some form of flywheel puller tool contraption to pull them off? Do you hit with something special at the key hole to try and break the key? I'm not talking rusted or anything but severely jammed and the key isn't coming out.

PullHorse

Reaction score
I can see it in there ya and because of the way it's built the brake caliper is tight behind so it's sort of front access only. My puller isn't big enough so I may have to build a plate for it but was wondering if anyone had a trick. Maybe something strong to insert into the keyway and blast the key out the other side?

ol'joe

Reaction score
Next best thing to a wheel puller is a BRASS drift or punch to avoid splattering out the end of the shaft and a big hammer, liberally applied, if I understand the problem correctly. There is a reason why the hammer is the oldest and most used tool, but make sure you understand what you are doing when you use it, because you can destroy things you never intended to....Joe