predator 212 no start after loud shearing noise

elijahking101

Reaction score
i got a mini bike from somone about a month back never had any issues with this hemi 212. then one day i was riding to work not being hard on it or anything then i heard a loud shearing noise and it died and i still havent got it to start to this day. valves are good flywheel key is good it has good spark and is getting gas and good compression any clues

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Sounds like you may be tearing it apart in the future. Is it still under warranty? If so take it back. Or you could just buy a new one. Looks like you got some decisions to make.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
If not under warranty (exchange it), pull the head first. If nothing to see there, drain the case and pull the sidecover.
BIG NOTE: Have the correct gaskets in hand before doing either one of those things! Inexpensive, even if you find the motor's trashed. If you have to get a new hemi 212, it's a comfort to be keeping those gaskets handy.

elijahking101

Reaction score
no it is not under warranty anymore ive been trying to believe that im not going to have to pull the head and i already pulled the side cover to check my decompression mechanism what else should i be looking for?

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
loud shearing noise
Been pondering that kind of noise, and in the absence of any visible major mechanical defects, and with good compression................
Could it be a coincidence that it died and won't restart? Did it suddenly rev up when the noise was heard, before you could back off the throttle? Sounds like a metallic mechanical issue, so while the clutch isn't related to the motor running, have you taken it apart for inspection?