Predator 212 Intake push rod keeps popping out.

Api

Reaction score
You could also try emery cloth to polish the cylinder head.
Now that’s the route I think I’m gonna go with. I will keep you fellas posted on it. Got a baby due here any day now. So it may take a few weeks.
might jus let buy a new piston head and replace it.

Api

Reaction score
Get the baby a nice stroller with that money, and use up what you got on the kart. Congrats, Big Daddy, I'll be waiting to hear about the baby.
Thank you very much. We got a 15 year old boy a 13 month old girl and a baby boy on the way. 😅😅😅😅😅😅. Better late then never I guess. So I’m sure I will be building plenty of go karts and mini bikes.

Api

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Baby is here and the house is a chaos having a baby and a one year old. However I figured I jump on here and give an update on my engine. So we went ahead and just ordered a new piston and while we were spending money we just ordered a new head also. Had my son take it apart and replaced it all. Engine is running 100% now. So to cut this short. The issue was caused by the damage to piston. And the loss of power makes sense now. I want to Thank you all for the help. I will be around here for a while. Because we are searching for a decent go cart roller frame to start another project.
My son is just to big for the Carter go kart we got. He wants something faster with a live axle.

Api

Reaction score
Oh he is a healthy little boy. Came in at 8lb 8oz. And thank you. We are excited to have a house full of kids.

bigchungus44

Reaction score
I had the same issue intake push rod falls out right after starting. Turned out there were two pieces of metal which got between the valves and the seat and jammed the valve open. Check your valve seats and make sure there's nothing sticking it open. Then go ahead and pull the valves and de-gunk the stems and oil them. Like others have said your valves are most likley sticking or being hung up which would let the rod fall out. My pieces of metal ended up being small shards of the piston that had broke off. Your rods won't fall unles the valves stick leaving the rocker slacked.