Predator 212 Help!

cbibler

Reaction score
Last night I replaced my crankshaft on my 212 non hemi and everything seemed to be going fine. I put it completely back together and nothing. I tore it apart again and couldn't really seem to figure it out. I'll post any photos and answer any questions I can. I'm new to this stuff so I don't quite know all the technical stuff.

Attachments

• P_20210626_200235.jpg
    P_20210626_200235.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • P_20210626_200229.jpg
    P_20210626_200229.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • P_20210626_200224.jpg
    P_20210626_200224.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13

OPmini

moo
Reaction score
Last night I replaced my crankshaft on my 212 non hemi and everything seemed to be going fine. I put it completely back together and nothing. I tore it apart again and couldn't really seem to figure it out. I'll post any photos and answer any questions I can. I'm new to this stuff so I don't quite know all the technical stuff.
specifically what is the issue? its not starting up?

cbibler

Reaction score
I figured it out I was being dumb. The push rods came out of place and I actually bent one too. I'd never removed the valve cover before so I didn't think about it at first. Just relieved I figured it out and I learned more from it.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
While only the hemi Predators have a pair of lash caps on top of the valve stems, I believe the non-hemi does have a single lash cap on one of the valves. Better make sure it didn't fall out when pushrod did, so that the rocker isn't trying to press directly on that valve stem, valves won't ever be right adjusted without it.
And the consequences of a hunk of metal floating around in the engine is too horrible to contemplate.

cbibler

Reaction score
Holy crap you were right and mine is missing. Thankfully I looked through the engine and it doesn't seem to be in the engine itself. Must have fallen somewhere in my messy garage. Had to order another just in case I don't find it.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Do you know which valve gets the lash cap? I can't find that info anywhere, but can contact my performance guy in N.C. and wait for a response, sometimes takes a week.

cbibler

Reaction score
Yupp it's the exhaust. I had to look at GX200 diagrams. They call it the exhaust rotator valve.