Predator 212 Doesn't Run Off Choke

SquidBonez

Reaction score
My kart has sat maybe 2(?) months, and all of a sudden I can't get it to run off choke. This confuses me because it has sat for longer and run just fine. I adjusted the idle screw, took the bowl & air filter off and hit it with some carb cleaner, and put a little more fresh gas in it all to no avail. It will idle just fine on choke - it will even rev - but as soon as I take it off choke it dies. I know the fuel line isn't clogged because fuel does come out off the line when I turn the fuel shutoff back to ON. Any suggestions?

Karttekk

Reaction score
Pull the carb, disassemble it and run a fine wire through all of the jets and fuel ports. Ethanol fuel is brutal.

SquidBonez

Reaction score
UPDATE: I cleaned the carb (this time I took the jet out, made sure it was clear), put more carb cleaner through everything. I can confirm that it's getting past the emulsion tube (piece after the carb jet) and that it is getting gas to the carb (fuel line isn't blocked - checked again). The bowl itself was spotless, as it was when I first took it off. Tried to see if it would idle right after some starting fluid, it ran strong for a few seconds before going back to the way it was. My only thought could be bad gas? It has sat for a quite a while on the same tank, and I use the same gas to run my lawnmower (so it has sat in a container even longer before that). Should I buy new gas? The gas isn't super old, but I can't really think of what else would cause this.

mckutzy

Reaction score
For optimum performance... After 3 months... Gas goes bad...
It starts to gell or lacquer up, more or less... Not good...
Get as much gas as you'll need for a bit...
Then it'll "last longer"...

Willisk2004

Williskart
Reaction score
Check your plug! Could be fouled also check oil, if oil smells like gas and level is off then your float stuck and leaked fuel to crank case . This thins oil allowing it past the rings and fouls the plug . Happening me b4 I put a fuel shutoff in line with a filter. It would run on choke but not rev up cause plug would give good spark , luckily I smelled the gas when I pulled plug to check spark and and when I checked oil. Could have been bad like hydro lock-in the motor and bending a rod! If it is then drain oil and replace change plug and put inline filter and shutoff on

SquidBonez

Reaction score
UPDATE: Just bought a replacement carb, blew out the fuel line with compressed air, and filled it with new gas. Runs good now. Thanks to all that suggested fixes!