Posting to sale forum

Clark125

Reaction score
Getting a permissions error when trying to post to the sale forum. Read the faq’s and still not seeing what the issue might be. Been looking for a two seat frame for awhile to cruise my son around in and would like to see if someone has one close by.

Clark125

Reaction score
Getting the error in the attached picture.

Attachments

• 08C2A4C8-165C-462E-B52E-53359BB42676.png
    08C2A4C8-165C-462E-B52E-53359BB42676.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 13

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You've got the permissions. Are you clicking the right button (hate to ask that) to create a new post? Not trying to edit someone's post?

Clark125

Reaction score
You've got the permissions. Are you clicking the right button (hate to ask that) to create a new post? Not trying to edit someone's post?

Yeah so I’m clicking on ‘New Thread’ button at the top of the board and also tried the one at the bottom to test and same error. I’ll log out and back in, could be a Microsoft type of fix. 😉

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

No luck logging off and back on either

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I changed your user permissions and re-saved your account, but it's a mystery at some point to me if that doesn't work. Let's try again, and my apologies!

still kikn

Reaction score
I've been trying to post there too, looking for a couple of parts I need, and I've been getting the exact same message as Clark.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been trying to post there too, looking for a couple of parts I need, and I've been getting the exact same message as Clark.

Unfortunately you are only able to start posting there once you have something like 50 posts (cant remember the exact number).

It was instituted to stop all the fly by night one post wonders that would come onto the forum just to sell their stuff.

I suggest maybe shooting Robert a PM and let him know your problem. I am sure he could bypass that for you if he wanted. You seem like someone who will stick around :D :cheers2:

still kikn

Reaction score
Robert, I have 30 something posts now and I just tried posting on the For sale/want to buy thread and I'm still getting the same message, that I do not have permission. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but don't know what that would be. I don't have trouble posting anywhere else on this site, just in the for sale section.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason that you should be able to post. Are you posting a bunch of links?

still kikn

Reaction score
No links of any kind, I can't even get started. As soon as I click New thread, This message pops up.

Attachments

• For Sale message.JPG
    For Sale message.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 4

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
No links of any kind, I can't even get started. As soon as I click New thread, This message pops up.

Hopefully Robert sees this soon and can help you out. He might have to do something in the backend database to sort out your issue. I unfortunately cannot dig so far and wouldn't know how :D

Sorry for the inconvenience :thumbsup: