• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Post Your Antiques

Status
Not open for further replies.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Post your/your families old stuff. That means cars, furniture, books, houses, tools, etc.

FYI, antiques are as such:
Automobiles: 25 years or older.
Furniture, art, or the like: 100 years or older(although lets see anything pre-60's)
Tools: 50 years or older.

So lets see them. Ill post some of mine in a few minutes.

This thread goes along with this one: http://diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12865

pontiacman74

butthole surfer
Reaction score
My 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 10th anniversary edition. The original olds 403 was long gone when I purchased the car in 1999. I have the original snowflake wheels but I run American Racing Torque Thrust II's. Powered by a 1965 421 pontiac block bored and stroked to 434. Th 400 tranny. 3.73 rear gears. It was restored right before I baught it (new interior, t-top weather strips, a complete repaint color change done very well door jambs under carpet no trace of original heritage brown). It had custom Lombardy cloth from the factory but in tan. It was restored with custom Lombardy cloth in black. Only down side is no seatbelts up front the originals were long gone and the car came with 5 point racing harness but thats not good for every day driving I plan on getting the repro. from NPD but it just came out for the '79 T/A's so its mucho $$$.

Attachments

• 79ta.jpg
    79ta.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 79ta2.jpg
    79ta2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 79ta3.jpg
    79ta3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 10

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Antique... Hmmm...

Not for certain they are 50yrs old, but they were bother my grandfathers...(not the multitool, its ony like 4-5 years old... if that)

I just got a craftsman pocket knife, looks like a Barlow, dont know if its and older one though...

Sentrek

Reaction score
Here is one of my other hobbies, unfortantely when my car decided to eat a piston I had to sell off alot of what I had managed to aquire but this album I am working on I plan to hang on to unless something really bad happens. The ultimate goal is to finish it and pass it down to the kiddo someday. I still have a long way to go as I still need 4 pair of 10's, 20's, 50's, & 100's, as well as 4 pair to fill the last unmarked pages. Most of these notes were purchased from Scott Lindquist and all of them in this album would grade a 63 or better. Some of these I paid alot of money for. They may not look like much to most people but some of them are from year / series with low print runs and this is what gives them there value, Such as they "Hawaii" notes issued during WWII and the $5 "Gold on Demand" notes.

Oh, And if you look closely youll see what I think is going to make this one just a tab bit extra special.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Although those are very cool and also graded Gem 66 they are the least expensive pair in that album. Actually, if you look a little closer they are all consecutive pairs, meaning the serial numbers on each pair are consecutive and there are no duplicated series. This is how plan to finish the album as well.

Farmer Mike

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it an antique but its a 73 Kindsvater flat bottom boat. I sold it last year since my kid wanted to take it out by himself.

Built this for my cousin. It sat for over a year before he told me he blew a head gasket in it.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Although those are very cool and also graded Gem 66 they are the least expensive pair in that album. Actually, if you look a little closer they are all consecutive pairs, meaning the serial numbers on each pair are consecutive and there are no duplicated series. This is how plan to finish the album as well.

Ohhh I see. That's truly awesome I've never seen anything like that. Keep those forever!

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Heres a few of mine:

1979 F150, 351m, c6

1962 Plymouth Savoy, 225 Slant-6, 3 speed

Pre-civil war bed. I havent slept on it in years because it was made when people sat sitting up.

1972 Chrysler Striper, I dont own it but Its mine and my uncles project.

Ive got my great grandfathers tools at my moms house that Ill post later.

Also pictured below, the barn on the farm that my grandma grew up on, and a drawing I did of an old corn shed where my great grandfather lost his thumb:ack2:.

Attachments

• P1000631.jpg
    P1000631.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010810.jpg
    P1010810.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010825.jpg
    P1010825.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010851.jpg
    P1010851.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 9
  • P1000397.jpg
    P1000397.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 7
  • corn shed_300.jpg
    corn shed_300.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 10

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Forgot one. Old cast iron skillet, passed down for several generations. Had the bottom nicely seasoned and smooth until my brother decided to use it and not clean it:censored: Havent been able to get it right:mad2:

Attachments

• P1010852.jpg
    P1010852.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 11

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
If I lay on it with my head against the headboard, my feet hang off the edge. Its pretty short.

That's most likely because, as you probably know, the average person back then was a lot shorter. George Washington stood 6 ft 2 inches and he was considered very tall. If you ever do a famous relatives post I'll share my story of how I'm related to him. :Angel_anim:

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
That's most likely because, as you probably know, the average person back then was a lot shorter. George Washington stood 6 ft 2 inches and he was considered very tall. If you ever do a famous relatives post I'll share my story of how I'm related to him. :Angel_anim:

Is it one of those convoluted "im related" stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.