Polaris 6x6 Monstrosity

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Just picked up another dumb thing off marketplace since an xj wasnt enough.
20220501_222214.jpg20220501_222219.jpg
Magnum 425 6x6. Should be a 500cc liquid cooled engine.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Don’t feel bad. I don’t think I could have resisted it either. How much was it? Does it run? Could it run again? 6x6 gokart! I had a 1971 AM General M35a2 2 1/2 ton 6x6 with winch Army truck for about 10 years. I ran over 2 brand new lawn mowers, a wheel barrow and countless other things in the time I had it. (Never felt any of it) Until I had to buy new stuff to replace it! Finally decided the next person who asked if it was for sale was going to own it! Good thing the guy wanted to trade a 4 speed Corvette for it. I drove it to his house the next night and picked up the Vette! It is now a rollback tow truck.

Snaker

Reaction score
A nephew has one of those, he loves it.
That thing is full of drive chains and sprockets everywhere, just hope you don't have to replace them.

karl

Reaction score
That thing is full of drive chains and sprockets everywhere, just hope you don't have to replace them.
I am having flashbacks from working on the cub cadet big country 6 wheelers,
once the axles/sprockets/ bearings start falling apart, the repair bill gets ugly.

Please post some pics of the drivetrain!
At least being Polaris, parts should be more reasonable and obtainable.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
I am having flashbacks from working on the cub cadet big country 6 wheelers,
once the axles/sprockets/ bearings start falling apart, the repair bill gets ugly.

Please post some pics of the drivetrain!
At least being Polaris, parts should be more reasonable and obtainable.
It's already there😂 needs bearings in the front jackshafts, chains and an output shaft on the trans. Aka the part that drives the rear is still there but no front. I'd get more pics but it's at a friend's since my jeep is in the barn right now.

karl

Reaction score
Ouch. Still seems like a lot of potential !

The jeep, you getting a junkyard transfer case, maybe some new u-joints and axle shafts?

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Ouch. Still seems like a lot of potential !

The jeep, you getting a junkyard transfer case, maybe some new u-joints and axle shafts?
Already did all that. And wheeled all afternoon Saturday at Southington. Front axle is toast and has been toast (jeep). Pulled it tonight, have another one sitting on the floor to go in, another stock low pinnion d30(cheapish and quick to get)
20220508_161255.jpg20220511_222637.jpg

I did figure out what my clunking was. Basically every control arm bushing was 1/2in out of the arm so the arms were contacting the mounts. Going to press em back in and send it til I go up in lift and get long arms. By send it I mean 4 hour drive to PA memorial day weekend.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
So, what have you found out on the Polaris? We never did get any updated pictures of the drive train. Are you still stuck in the mud somewhere in the Jeep? If so blink your eyes and we will send help!

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
So, what have you found out on the Polaris? We never did get any updated pictures of the drive train. Are you still stuck in the mud somewhere in the Jeep? If so blink your eyes and we will send help!
It's been sitting behind my buddy's garage. We've been busy with trail rigs so I havent had time to work on it. Needs a carb at the least, deleting stupid polaris vacuum actuated throttle.
Wheeled the jeep first weekend of June and July, broke the track bar mount and killed another alternator in July.
For August have a locker for the rear and picking up a set of 35s tmr.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
It's been sitting behind my buddy's garage. We've been busy with trail rigs so I havent had time to work on it. Needs a carb at the least, deleting stupid polaris vacuum actuated throttle.
Wheeled the jeep first weekend of June and July, broke the track bar mount and killed another alternator in July.
For August have a locker for the rear and picking up a set of 35s tmr.
Jeep needs torque converter bolts tightened(came loose) track bar bracket welded, oil leak fixed and locker installed.

Buddy just got a ranger with xj drivetrain/suspension that needs to be ready in 1.5 weeks too.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Jake bought a 34mm (I think) china flatslide for it. Runs like garbage, showing symotoms of burnt valve. I'd get more for yall but have the rona rn. Goal is PA next weekend to go hit some trails and clean up the logging mess around Jake's cabin.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Jake bought a 34mm (I think) china flatslide for it. Runs like garbage, showing symotoms of burnt valve. I'd get more for yall but have the rona rn. Goal is PA next weekend to go hit some trails and clean up the logging mess around Jake's cabin.
Exhaust lobe on the cam was whiped. Almost a circle.

gmotz

Reaction score
When i bought my early 2000ish '425' polaris a few years back, the guy i bought it from (he was a polaris dealer mechanic) said not to let it idle too long, he said that they don't get good oil to the top end at idle and will take out the cam if they sit and idle. He also said they are real picky about frequent oil changes and using the OEM polaris oil.

I dunno about the last part, i run it on Rotella just like everything else on the farm, but the idling thing sounds legit.

Nice thing about finding something like that, its probably the only thing wrong with it.