Please Help Identify this Kart

warriorkart313

Reaction score
Hello...new member here.

Bought a kart this weekend. Seller didn't know much other than it was "from the 90's". When I got it home, I was able to find the model/serial number tag hiding under the seat.

I can read that it is a Manco kart and the serial number is clear. However, the model number is very blurry and I can only make out what appears to be "????-05".

69057425661__17EF7F83-18DA-4BF8-87A2-5833A9F38D4E.JPG.jpeg

IMG_3096.JPG.jpeg

Any insight and assistance in identifying would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

JimD

Reaction score
We use to provide them with the clutches and I have a lot of their brochures. It looks very close to the American Express Model 225-02 but the side bars throw me off. They were the biggest of the fun kart manufacturers out of Fort Wayne, IN. The brochure I have has 15 models for the 1994 season.

warriorkart313

Reaction score
Thanks, JimD. I looked up the 225-02 and see where you're coming from on them being similar. The only thing I can think of with the side bars is those are very similar to other karts that have fiberglass bodies. It's where the bodies are mounted to the frame. I've seen listings of various Manco karts by model number, but without pictures I can't tell which might be models with a body. If you know of any that did off the top of your head or from that 1994 season that might narrow things down, that would be great. Otherwise, the search goes on...

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Probably not an Am ex. Deffinitly a Manco, not sure about that model tho.
We have put a cageless dingo in the back of a mazda 3 hatchback though. That one was fun.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
With MANCO karts don’t worry about the model. All the parts are generic and can be gotten almost anywhere. That’s why they are the most loved of all the karts! Just don’t ever need a steering wheel. But if the model # is important to you try using a magnifying glass, I’ll bet you can figure it out then.

JimD

Reaction score
Send me your e-mail and I will copy the brochure to you with the various body karts they had in 1994. The body cars all started with a model number 703, 713, 723, or 783. I am not smart enough to figure out how to get a picture on the site but I agree with you it would be how the body was attached if there is two holes in that rail. They had a Corvette, Indy car, and a stock car. The pick up truck had knobby tires while the other three all had slicks in the brochure.

JimD

Reaction score
Side note, if it has a Briggs on it then it was made prior to 1999 because in 2000 Briggs no longer would sell engines to fun kart manufacturers because of product liability insurance. All the manufacturers had to switch over to Tecumseh. Who do you think was the biggest small engine manufacturer back in the 60's?? Not a trick question just a fact to further your education---

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Side note, if it has a Briggs on it then it was made prior to 1999 because in 2000 Briggs no longer would sell engines to fun kart manufacturers because of product liability insurance. All the manufacturers had to switch over to Tecumseh. Who do you think was the biggest small engine manufacturer back in the 60's?? Not a trick question just a fact to further your education---
briggs and tecumseh flatheads seemed to be very popular

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I am very curious about Clinton. I have read that by 1960 they were the "worlds largest small engine manufacturer". But by 1966 they were in bankruptcy. That 6 years must have been one heck of a party.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Ah wait. Now I have read about the carpetbagger NY "investors" who ruined this once great company. What a shame.

JimD

Reaction score
The founder of the company died and then you get outsiders in their that don't know their *** from a hole in the ground and started selling off product lines, cutting staff, and not taking the time to learn the business. They have a great museum in the town where Clinton was located and it is worth the trip to see all the things Clinton made in its heyday. The town is Maquoketa, Iowa .