PITA fuel filling, made easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noseoil

Terrible Tim
Reaction score
My Baja Warrior with the predator motor is almost impossible to fuel. Added a fake tank for batteries for the LED lights, but there's only about 2" between the tank cap & the frame rail in the center, which lines up almost perfectly. I had to remove the fake tank to get the fuel in, so here's what I did.

Tractor Supply has a filler spout that goes on most of the new plastic fuel cans. A length of 5/8" I.D. heater hose will screw onto the end of the spout as an extension & flex. "Home Delay" sells brass Pex fittings, so a 90 degree angle works well & is small enough to turn the corner for the actual filler spout. Used a small piece of hose to cover the 90 where it goes into the tank.

I still use the old finger-dip method for checking the level, since it's impossible to see where the fuel ends up in the tank. I wear nitrile gloves for this part since benzene can zip through the skin pretty fast.....

[/URL]

[/URL]

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ahh cool idea...
Is there another breather hole or just the stock one in those stupid EPA nozzles??

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
This is a great idea.

Go karts are easy since the engine and tank is right out in the open but for mini bikes, seems there's always a seat or frame rail right in the way.

Noseoil

Terrible Tim
Reaction score
I don't have a "breather" vent on mine, makes it easier to regulate how much gas goes in that way. With a breather, it would all just dump in when you pour, but this way you can do a couple of dumps until it creates a suction & then check the level with a finger dunk.

I'm going to shorten the hose a bit, but it's a lot easier this way & you won't spill any unless the tank is over-filled. Nothing is perfect....

mckutzy

Reaction score
I see...

I use one of those flo-n-go gas siphon pumps, that attach to a gas can...
It fits all sorts of places the typical can cant... Especially with a large full heavy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.