on kart tool kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not sure if someone has a thread for this but for years I've suggested people keep an on kart tool kit ready so they can fix small problems if stranded a distance away from where they started.

Before I go in to what I suggest everyone keep on kart I would love to hear if any of you already have one of these and if so what you keep in it.

I really feel anyone who does riding should have one.

Edit, better yet. Take a picture of your kit and where you mounted it on your kart!

And yes, I did see the sticky for tools for building karts, this is different.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I don't, but I will upon revamping my kart. Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I'd carried a spare CVT belt a few years ago. Mine broke on a long ride (had a weak spot from something my neice did) and I had to push my heavy-arse kart over a mile to get it back. Fortunately, a good stretch was downhill, but I was still exhausted by the time I got there... D'oh!

I don't think it's coincidence that most snowmobiles I have played with, come from the factory with a spare belt stowed under the hood! (plugs, too).

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
I dont, but I dont usually ride far from home, and my house is in the bottom of a valley.
However, I would like to put one on in future. I would have:
1x master link
Spanners, 8mm-19mm (5/16"-3/4")
Screwdriver
Needle nose pliers
and a 12v welder :D

I personally would not have a spare tc belt because I am too cheap to own a spare!

speedshopmike

Reaction score
i do.
bigass channellocks for the rr wheel nut that always loosens, phillips screwdriver, adjustable wrench, bottle of water, pack o' smokes, lighter, night vision goggles, inflatable helicopter, remington 12-gauge, flamethrower, 6-man raft. :confused:
all wrapped in a piece of foam and stuffed in a gasketed ammo box.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I always just suggest a lighter, wd-40, starter fluid, masterlinks, spare belt, adjustable wrench, needlenose plyers (in a leatherman or multi-tool), a short handled hammer, spark plug, and of course a klein 13-1 screwdriver.

You can fix most problems with that.

Mrpinhead11

Reaction score
i keep a pack of zipties, extra bolts/nuts, a pair of visegrips, a cresson wrench an extra belt jb weld master links and a extra chain all in a pair tree. the most used peice i use is master link clips.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
When we ran the Magnum karts for Church trips (dual engine karts custom built in the shop) I'm told we had extra chains in the on board kit, it does sound like a reasonable idea, but is always about how much space you've got.

What would you use the jb weld for in a panic situation?

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
when i went to the tobacco fields with owen today i made him put a bag of my tools on his kart... lol. had duct tape, vice grips, channel locks, needle nose, allen wrenches, 1/2" socket, 10mm socket, 10mm wrench, ratchet, spare TC belt, extra pieces of chain, chain tool, rope, 3/4" socket, flathead screwdriver, i think thats most of it.

didnt need any of it other than the duct tape LOL but i guess better safe than sorry. ive broken a chain miles away from home

Mrpinhead11

Reaction score
When we ran the Magnum karts for Church trips (dual engine karts custom built in the shop) I'm told we had extra chains in the on board kit, it does sound like a reasonable idea, but is always about how much space you've got.

What would you use the jb weld for in a panic situation?

well say ur exaust falls of or something like that. granted it takes 24 hours to cure it dries in about 2 hours. it just doesnt have a good tencel strength until it cures.

Status
Not open for further replies.