Old Skool Kart project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie813

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Found this Kart in the Trash so i took it and stripped it down
all the steering joints and spindles were seized up but a Torch and some PB catalyst took care of the stubborn ones

heres some pics of when i got it, and stripped down, the Motor is a kawasaki but i purchased a new Predator 212 and have been on
www.ARCracing.com buying new cam new Valvesprings (18lb) pushrod, carb, flywheel etc..
Sanding Re welding cleaning and Painting it slime green Frame and Black Roll cage w/Black Billet hub adaptors

Want to run like a 6in Race wheel w/slicks but having trouble finding a Drive wheel since its Fixed axel any ideas??

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 55
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 39

Frankie813

Reaction score
http://go-kart-engines.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/-39732606737397540.jpgWant to run These or similar! I think it would look Awesome, Does anyone know about using some rims/tires like this on this type of frame w/the 5/8 shaft and wheel, cause the sprokets i see are all 4 hole offset, and most the rims i see are just the bearing or these three holes,i tried searching and im really set on using this style... sorry im such a noob lol..

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!

At the bottom right of each of your posts you will see an EDIT button. If you need to add more info to a post after it is posted, click on the button and you can edit your post

OzFab

Reaction score
Found this Kart in the Trash so i took it and stripped it down

Nice find :thumbsup:

...buying new cam new Valvesprings (18lb) pushrod, carb, flywheel etc..

I hope for your sake the "etc" includes a billet conrod...

Sanding Re welding cleaning and Painting it slime green Frame and Black Roll cage w/Black Billet hub adaptors

The "roll cage" doesnt look too secure; have you thought about rectifying that?

Unfortunately, I can't access that link so, I have no idea what you're referring to; I can access the site, just not the image...

OzFab

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought they'd be something like that...

The problem is your current drive wheel runs on a double flange hub & the wheel is a 4 bolt pattern; trying to find a 3 bolt to 4 bolt double flange hub could prove difficult. Unless you can do it yourself, I suggest you find a machinist who can make a 3 bolt flange & attach it to an existing 4 bolt hub...

Frankie813

Reaction score
Thanks bro, i figured it would probably come to that..lol but on this old chassis those Hoosiers and style rim would be Soooo bad ***.. i have a HF ARC welder and a tig, im Decent @ welding so ill probably go on ebay order a cheap 4 bolt hub get a small piece of 1/4in steel order 3-3 bolt hubs for the other 3 wheels use 1 as a template

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
There are DWT wheels that come with a three hole pattern as well (ebay #221106042700 for example),
so before you weld and fab and buy stuff you may not need, ask them first.
Maybe you just need to buy a different partnumber for your hubs :D

'sid

Frankie813

Reaction score
did some more today when i got home from work, not much time cause it gets dark so quick here, but i should have it done by Christmas for my son, Gotta go pick up some sheet metal for the bottom and a piece of steel going to Mod the drive Hub from the looks of things 4 to 3 wont be too bad...hopefully... lol :mad2:

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16

Frankie813

Reaction score
:idea2:

Take the 4 bolts out of the adapter plate weld it on center to the New hub using the Rim or other 3 bolt hub to get my marks Drill 3- 2.5/ 1/4 holes and We can run american 3 bolt wheels
( i only have a welder and Drills so this would be $$ effective vs a machinist)

:cheers2:4boltadptplt.jpg

whlhub1.jpg

Frankie813

Reaction score
Welded some new steel on it and Painted 2 coats so far,:thumbsup:

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 1-kart1 003.jpg
    1-kart1 003.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 1-kart1 001.jpg
    1-kart1 001.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 1-kart1 005.jpg
    1-kart1 005.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 14
  • 1-kart1 006.jpg
    1-kart1 006.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 14

Frankie813

Reaction score
@ landuse

it was 8th/in steel, i wanted it that way because i have a Moded Predator 212 going on
its a little heavier not too bad though

Thanks everyone for the comments, got off early today and its sprinkling outside so im gonna do the front spindles in my shed hopefully it stops

Attachments

• unnamed (8).jpg
    unnamed (8).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 21

Frankie813

Reaction score
Clean the rust off them, paint em black, also the front fairing that covers the steering shaft put some #'s on there for em lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.