Now we're cooking with gas!

G.W

Reaction score
If the “stamped steel” plate is like mine, its plenty heavy duty. 3/16 steel, l believe. No l’m not runnung out to measure right now. I personally prefer steel over aluminum.
lts a lot easier to weld if necessary. The stamped part is only some “ ribs” for rigidity.

Btw put some oil on the spinny thing that yer drill attches to.
Your point is valid and has changed my mind. The stamped steel is what I will go with. I put some high temp wheel bearing grease on that shaft and it seems to work great.

panchothedog

Reaction score
The one I have is aluminum and looks just like the 2nd one you posted. Works fine. If money is tight I think for $32 less I would buy the 1st one. Either way using
A plate system you are going to need to install a reverse wound spring in the driven clutch. You won't have the space to flip it around. Very easy to do. About
$15 at OMB Warehouse. Probably available from other sources as well.

Reactions: G.W

G.W

Reaction score
The one I have is aluminum and looks just like the 2nd one you posted. Works fine. If money is tight I think for $32 less I would buy the 1st one. Either way using
A plate system you are going to need to install a reverse wound spring in the driven clutch. You won't have the space to flip it around. Very easy to do. About
$15 at OMB Warehouse. Probably available from other sources as well.
The first has 30 bucks shipping. I would prefer the steel in case I nees to modify it

Master Hack

Reaction score

G.W

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't even think of looking on ebay. That one is a bit cheaper and with free shipping. It's also exactly what I was looking at. When I get paid I'll have that on the way. Thanks!

panchothedog

Reaction score
Hijack alert. Why its a good old Wangluo 11. You remember those don't you. I think wanglu might just be related to saw glu. Actually a killer price for a 40 series converter. And I'll bet all three are made in the same factory.

G.W

Reaction score
Do you whink the 14 tooth will work ok with a 48t and 18 inch tires? A 48t is the biggest I can fit between the axle and frame unless I move the mount down.

G.W

Reaction score
Absolutely not!
What would I be able to do with my gears then? I don't exactly want to modify the frame or include a jackshaft. If it comes down to it I would rather move the axle mount than add a jackshaft.

G.W

Reaction score
Then you answered your own question. 10:54 is the highest I would go.
10 48 worked well with the 212, but I guess the big blocks are a whole different animal lol. I do have an extra set of axle hangars that came with my bearings from gopowersports, so I have some material to work.with.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Most all converters come with a 10 tooth sprocket. Why would you want to use a 14 tooth. That is way too tall of a gear ratio. 10 x 48 MIGHT work. It will depend on the type of terrain. Specifics are few in that add, but I see something about 5/8". Most 40's have a 3/4" jack shaft. If that has a 5/8" shaft,
while being on the light side, you can get a 8 tooth sprocket for it. 8 x 48 would give you the 6:1 ratio you want. 10 tooth is the smallest made for 3/4".

G.W

Reaction score
The one I was looking at on Amazon came with a 14t, so I can only assume the ebay one comes with 14t also. Once I get it ordered and here I will look into sprockets and gearing, but for now I'm not gonna get too carried away with speculation. If I'm lucky I might be able to fit a 50 or 52t under there, but the sprocket would be scary close to the frame and would be a sad day if it threw the chain. I am probably gonna lengthen the axle hangars to get more chain clearance anyway.

Rat

Reaction score
10 48 worked well with the 212, but I guess the big blocks are a whole different animal lol. I do have an extra set of axle hangars that came with my bearings from gopowersports, so I have some material to work.with.
My 208 is a torquey little thing that should probably have a 40 series on it at this point. I can tell you that it will turn 18×2.5 motorcycle tires with a 4:1 gear ratio (9/36) and it will haul *** like that up to about 40mph without ever shifting the Tav2 more than a quarter in (1:1 range) but it's absolutely hell on the belt.
All the same set up swapped to 6.22:1 (9/56) it takes off like a spooked deer and is actually quicker... enough to bring the nose up if I'm feeling froggy.
I couldn't get the 9/48 combo (5.33:1) to line up properly due to the sprocket design.

G.W

Reaction score
I am trying to figure something out for front wheels so when the clutch comes in I can take her for a spin. I have some turf saver 2 wheels and tires, but no bushings the right size and bearings won't fit. I was thinking about drilling holes in the rims and using some cnc spindles I have. Would that work atleast for temporary?

Rat

Reaction score
I am trying to figure something out for front wheels so when the clutch comes in I can take her for a spin. I have some turf saver 2 wheels and tires, but no bushings the right size and bearings won't fit. I was thinking about drilling holes in the rims and using some cnc spindles I have. Would that work atleast for temporary?
As long as you get them centered well enough and you don't try to hotdog it, that would absolutely work.
Probably not solid enough to be a safe long term option, but absolutely fine for low speed general testing